Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miguel and I hit another old mining town yesterday. Tough place to get to, but had a really good time there.

Pulled an old wood scaled eating utensil with one of the scales still attached,
a lock box keyhole escutcheon,
some odd square nails,
a fancy garment fastener with oak leaves,
a pocket watch winder,
a crystal,
a mystery item, and several buttons, including what I believe is a U.S. Army General Service Great Coat button 1820-1839.

The mystery item on the lower left looks to me like half of another type of valve stem protector for those early long threaded stems.
IMG_7516.JPG
IMG_7517.JPG

The Army button:
IMG_7518.JPG

Hard to see in the pic, but it says United States on the back.
IMG_7519.JPG

Miguel came over to me kinda bummed because he found a seated dime with the back scratched off and initials inscribed. Say what!!!! He got himself a beautiful love token! Be sure and check out his post.

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 9
Miguel and I hit another old mining town yesterday. Tough place to get to, but had a really good time there.

Pulled an old wood scaled eating utensil with one of the scales still attached,
a lock box keyhole escutcheon,
some odd square nails,
a fancy garment fastener with oak leaves,
a pocket watch winder,
a crystal,
a mystery item, and several buttons, including what I believe is a U.S. Army General Service Great Coat button 1820-1839.

The mystery item on the lower left looks to me like half of another type of valve stem protector for those early long threaded stems.
View attachment 2163542View attachment 2163543

The Army button:
View attachment 2163544

Hard to see in the pic, but it says United States on the back.
View attachment 2163545

Miguel came over to me kinda bummed because he found a seated dime with the back scratched off and initials inscribed. Say what!!!! He got himself a beautiful love token! Be sure and check out his post.

Thanks for looking!
You found some very interesting things. Especially that military button, I liked it too much. You did a good job, buddy.

The fancy garment fastener with oak leaves sure looks like silver to me.

On the lower left, I'm thinking it is half a set of those deals you use when you drill a hole in masonry and want to attach something with a bolt or screw. Like a lead lag shield anchor.

I did see his post and the love token is a sweet seated find for sure.

The fancy garment fastener with oak leaves sure looks like silver to me.

On the lower left, I'm thinking it is half a set of those deals you use when you drill a hole in masonry and want to attach something with a bolt or screw. Like a lead lag shield anchor.

I did see his post and the love token is a sweet seated find for sure.
The oak leaf fastener is brass, unfortunately.
Def not a lag-screw anchor, it's cast iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back