Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Established in the mid 19th century and abandoned just after the turn of the century and high up in the mountains, this place is one of the hardest places to hunt that I go to. The amount of square nails and old cans is ridiculous, but every now and then something squeaks through the chatter.
The bottle diggers have been working this place for many decades and haven't helped matters with their discarded pull tabs and aluminum cans.
Still, managed a 1964-d silver dime (probably lost by a bottle digger),
an ornate little silver buckle which seems to be made of coin silver,
a marble (always get a kick out of finding marbles) and an old fifth whiskey bottle.

IMG_7542.JPG
IMG_7543.JPG
IMG_7544.JPG

Guess I wasn't the only one that made a slingshot with a coat hanger and electrical tape. :laughing7:

IMG_7541.JPG

Upvote 25
Established in the mid 19th century and abandoned just after the turn of the century and high up in the mountains, this place is one of the hardest places to hunt that I go to. The amount of square nails and old cans is ridiculous, but every now and then something squeaks through the chatter.
The bottle diggers have been working this place for many decades and haven't helped matters with their discarded pull tabs and aluminum cans.
Still, managed a 1964-d silver dime (probably lost by a bottle digger),
an ornate little silver buckle which seems to be made of coin silver,
a marble (always get a kick out of finding marbles) and an old fifth whiskey bottle.

View attachment 2164987View attachment 2164988View attachment 2164989

Guess I wasn't the only one that made a slingshot with a coat hanger and electrical tape. :laughing7:

View attachment 2164990
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back