Finds From A Friends House

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting at a friends house yesterday before work and had a blast. I'm hoping to get to go back. I didn't have a chance to post last night so I'm doing it now. It's one of those places that you just know that something is there waiting to be found. It's a old rock house and I've been told that it was one of the first houses in that area. I will take a picture next time and also try to find out the date it was built. Anyway, I found a couple of neat little things but not too old. It gives me hope though. Along with the stuff in the photos I found .55 cents in clad and a couple of 30-30 shell casings, some pull tabs, and other usual junk. I hope to be posting some more things from this house in the future. Thanks for looking at my stuff and I hope everyone has a great week.
HH,
Ed

dogtag.jpg
bluebottle.jpg
foot.jpg
buckleandetc.jpg
toyz.jpg

Upvote 0
Old houses got plenty potential. Dig everything.

30 -30 been around a long time , shell casing could be real old --(100 years or so ) see you got what appears to be a old buckle as well --the "shoe" out of a monoply game -- if the house site is old its got the possibity, of turning up good stuff relic wize as well as coin / jewelry wize

So that rabies thing, token, whatever, is that for an animal of some description, or a person?
Cheers

Yes you got some intesting finds. I agree there got to be more intesting stuff. Keep at it and keep us posted....Matt

Hey Possum! I found one of those little boots a couple of months ago. Rob says it's possible for it to be one of the prizes they use to put in Cracker Jacks boxes. If you're diggin' at one of the old rock houses, no telling what good stuff you'll find! :icon_pirat:

Congrats on those finds and good luck on your return!

Nana :)

Nice finds Ed, Hope you & your sister are doing alittle better.

Chris

Thanks for the comments everyone! I hope to go back in the next few days if the weather is right.

seger98 said:
Nice finds Ed, Hope you & your sister are doing a little better.

Chris

Thanks Seger98, everything is going much better. I think my sister has accepted the fact that my dad is in a better place now. I spent a lot of time with him over the past few years and on several occasions he let his feelings be known about his situation and I know it was an answer to his prayers and that has helped me get through it.
Also, I had got the word I could be off that week in Feb. but I just found out about 20 minutes ago that the conference my wife was going to attend down there has been cancelled due to "economic hardship through out the state". :-\ So it looks like I won't be coming down after all. :'( SUCKS! Maybe next time. Thanks again.

Happy Hunting Everyone,
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back