team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 1
Like Joe said, you're on the right track!

Save that $5.94 for battery money, and keep at it. In my experience, older
coins can be deeper than more recent coin losses, however that's
certainly not always the case.

The difference in finding clad vs. older, possibly silver coins is pretty much
a matter of just getting the detector coil over that old target. If it's within
your machines depth range, then you'll be diggin' it up!

Sometimes in parks you have to look hard in order to find the older areas
of that particular park. Often, parts of parks are re-done and other areas
left original...those are the grassy areas you want to target the most, as
they have the greatest chance of giving up older coins vs. new.

I'm in the same boat.Kinda getting frustrated.I have found two full handfuls of new coins.The oldest is 1960.I did find a old ax.

I'm in the same boat.Kinda getting frustrated.I have found two full handfuls of new coins.The oldest is 1960.I did find a old ax.

Depending on where you're hunting you could very well find several handfuls of new coins for every old or silver coin you find. And that's if you're lucky, it could very easily be handfuls of trash instead. Be thankful for the coins. That's just the way it goes. Try not to get frustrated, just have fun.

it,s still fun though and it all adds up, the benefits are you are outdoors and exercising. keep swinging it will pay off.

Well your chances of finding old coins in tot lots is very slim. Though I did find a 1600 yo Roman Bronze in a tot lot in December...Probably brought for show and tell...and lost during recess. Remember the "easy" old sites have been well hunted, so you'll have to work those sites harder to find the remaining silver.

metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds now figure out how to upload some pictures team sidewinder!

You just got to keep swinging. Since Jan. I have collected 150 bucks in clad and only 4 wheats and one V Nickle. Plenty of rings but the silver coins are eluding me. I know they are here, area is plenty old for it. Just have fun and keep swinging!

Dizzy gave the best advice here. I like those 11" inch targets. Most parks here are re done so I do the open areas mostly. Just after the wood chip lots, I find my rings there. Good Luck.

Old Coins are found where they lay, same with new ones. Have you considered your in the WRONG spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back