Finding Heavy Equipment

bobthedetector

Greenie
Aug 4, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
I went to a local driving range/bar last evening and asked permission to MD their parking lot and sand volleyball courts. The lady behind the bar said that it would be OK, but the owner would be in in about three minutes. She said that if I find any buried treasure that we would split it. I said "OK". Then the other bartender said that if I find any bodies to cover them back up. I said "OK". Had my BH Lone Star set to DISC at about 12:00 for the parking lot. Didn't find anything but bottle tops there. Started on the courts, and since I was in the sand, I set the MD to "All Metal" and dug everything. I found a dime, and then the "Health" token shown below. I also found about 30 bottle tops (one was down around 10"). It seems Bud Light is the drink of choice for volleyballers. I had finished up and was MDing back to the car when the owner came out. We introduced ourselves and he said that he used to MD and preferred old homesteads. I told him I wish I could find some old homesteads. He then told me that he knew that some of their customers had lost jewelry during outdoor parties on the other side of the bar by the putting green. He said I should try over there. I did, but it was getting late. Didn't find the jewlery (yet), but I did manage to find a bulldozer and an automobile (see pictures below). I'll be going back in a few weeks. Galveston beach is next Sunday morning. Does anyone have any suggestions on which of the beaches to try?

Attachments

• MVC-400F.JPG
    MVC-400F.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 256
  • MVC-401F.JPG
    MVC-401F.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 253
  • MVC-399F.JPG
    MVC-399F.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Last time I was on Galveston Island I asked around about where to go to find a good beach and they nearly all said "County Beach". I wasn't asking to go detecting but to find a place to take the kids, so I don't know what the rules are for detecting if any. It was a nice beach, well used by the public and a good crowd on hand as it turned out. There were a lot of locals and tourists alike. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back