874.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    947.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 6
I have no clue what this is, I dug it in my front yard and have found one similar in the past in my backyard. It has gold and silver on it . Around 2 inches long and read around dime range on my fishers 75! Anyone find anything like it?
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Would a thin blade fit into the folded-over part? If so, it might be a scraper handle.

I have no clue what this is, I dug it in my front yard and have found one similar in the past in my backyard. It has gold and silver on it . Around 2 inches long and read around dime range on my fishers 75! Anyone find anything like it?
Can you tell us in general terms where your front & back yards are?

When you say gold and silver, do you mean literally, or just color?

Any more info on the composition? Magnetic? Heavy/Light? Hard/Soft? ....

Can you tell us in general terms where your front & back yards are?

When you say gold and silver, do you mean literally, or just color?

Any more info on the composition? Magnetic? Heavy/Light? Hard/Soft? ....
I found it in my yard in Tell city, Indiana. It is 4.8 grams, not magnetic, looks like gold over silver or nickel but see copper in it also. It is a little over an inch and solid.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    849.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0212.jpeg
    IMG_0212.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    894.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    837.7 KB · Views: 9
File a small groove on an end or side.

Looks like electroplated zinc or cast aluminum.

I found it in my yard in Tell city, Indiana. It is 4.8 grams, not magnetic, looks like gold over silver or nickel but see copper in it also. It is a little over an inch and solid.
TY. Geography can often give us hints. A survey of industry in that area may suggest something.

[Thinking outloud] The copper is probably copper, but the gold & silver colors might well be something like brass & nickel--IDK.

I know you said it's solid, but I can't tell the profile. Images 0211 and 0212 make it look like the profile is U-shaped--or a channel(?) :dontknow: An end shot or two might help.

TY. Geography can often give us hints. A survey of industry in that area may suggest something.

[Thinking outloud] The copper is probably copper, but the gold & silver colors might well be something like brass & nickel--IDK.

I know you said it's solid, but I can't tell the profile. Images 0211 and 0212 make it look like the profile is U-shaped--or a channel(?) :dontknow: An end shot or two might help.
Thanks for replying… I’ll have to retake picture of side view this weekend, currently at my work..

Here are some end shots if this helps any, and thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    695.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 8
Here are some end shots if this helps any, and thanks for your reply!
I'm sure they're going to help someone with an inkling of what those things are/may be!

The shape makes me think of the counterweights they clip on wheel rims to balance tires--I find quite a few of those. Perhaps a much older version?
1726402539256.jpeg

...or not. :dontknow:

I'm sure they're going to help someone with an inkling of what those things are/may be!

The shape makes me think of the counterweights they clip on wheel rims to balance tires--I find quite a few of those. Perhaps a much older version?

...or not. :dontknow:
Thanks! Has a similar look but the groove and curve different. I’ll look into it, maybe another style. Thanks again!🤘

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back