Finally silver off from my large cent site! unfortunatly still waitng for a seated

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back to the site where I have been getting large cents at and hit it for a few hours. My first goal was to was to find the high tone that I missed last week due to my pinpointer not working. (I got a new one this week). I also switched from my at pro to the gold bug. Well the hit was still in the high eighties, so I was really excited but ended up with a 1950 dime?, but ill take it. I then got another toasted large cent 1850's, two wheats another silver dime, and a pendant. I then went to another town and new permission which is a very old building which is now a condo unit. As soon as I started one of the tenants came up to me and said he found a four or five silver coins while digging a fence post out back and one of the construction workers found a silver dollar while replacing the sidewalk. Of course I am excited but do not really know if he is just pulling my leg. So half hour into the hunt a woman is walking by I started talking to her and she says she found an old silver quarter laying in the dirt when they replace the sidewalk. So I ended up hitting the sidewalk area hard with the gold bug. No silver but did manage to find a 1827 large cent in good condition and a wheat and of course some clad. The woman ended up coming back by with the quarter to show me and it was a liberty. It was a great day for me, considering a month ago I was still waiting to find my first large cent. anything seated still eludes me.
IMG_0151.JPGIMG_0152.JPGIMG_0153.JPGIMG_0154.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0156.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

Upvote 16
Awesome, always like the pics with a carrot and the hole....very perspective...:thumbsup:

Congrats on a good day out! :occasion14:
Silver always makes my day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back