Finally got part of my Inheritence, Found hidden in car trunk......

O

ozzysdad

I finally got part of my dad''s estate. This was found wrapped in a old shop towel in the trunk of his car. It's been almost 4 years getting it. Probate is a severe pain in the Arse. I haven't weighed it yet. But the coin alone is over an ounce and the bezel and chain should be at least 4 time's that.
I think the chain is 14K, He had it specially made and it's sure made my day. ;)

Attachments

• Image194750Peso.jpg
    Image194750Peso.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0
That's beautiful! Sorry bout your Dad though......

Nana

Thats a nice gold item Ozzy,Will make a nice keepsake.Sorry about your dad.

WOW! :o That is a very nice keepsake.im sure you will cherish it.

Thank's for the condolence's, I do miss him alot. I'm not sure what the troy weight is, But i weighed it on a small kitchen scale and it weigh's 5 1/2 ounces on a standard scale and in Gram weight it say's 150 grams. My dad had a habit of hiding stuff like this in all sort's of places, And we are still trying to figure out what happened to 3 roll's of 1987 BU 50 dollar gold eagle's and approx. 400 Proof set's, and 10 Mint bag's of pre-64 silver containing 1000 face value in each bag. And on a final note, The Tux my sister picked out to bury him in, He had kept a unopened roll of 100 .37 cent stamp's that were un-perforated and was one of only 4 known. I know he said that he was offered 10 grand for the roll and turned it down. I have no idea if the funeral home checked his pockets? But hey, Who said you can't take it with you?

No, This isn't his coffin, But i found this pic awhile back and made me think about my last comment.

"Who said you can't take it with you" ;)

Attachments

• untitledMoneycasket.jpg
    untitledMoneycasket.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 329
Nice piece!

HH

Lonewolfe

Sorry about your dad. Nice necklace can't wait to see the rest of your dads great stuff if you will let us. That coffin, makes me think grave robbery. No one should be laid to rest in that. People are starving and I could not rest I think I would fear getting held up.

HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back