SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to a town We normally hunt in, that’s getting pounded. Tried one place and not even a Wheat. Didn’t really feel the door knocking bit today so I decided to go to a house We hunted awhile back and did great at.

It happens to be John McCain’s Mother’s old home in Oklahoma. The owners were real nice so off I went low and slow! I cranked the reactivity to .5 and the Sensitivity to 96 on the Deus 2 in My custom program using Sensitivity FT.

Found the collar disk first. Got a smile out of that. I was really just hoping to find another Indian there. Next up was the Merc that was a super faint squeak. Pretty sure it was either on edge, or it was the iron around it.
Next up was the flower button stud. Then the Wheat. Man We missed a lot !!! I also talked to another guy that detects there and he recognized the pics and said him & his Brother hunted it a couple months ago.

Makes You feel like You’re doing something right when You hear that. Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting!!!!
IMG_8526.jpeg
IMG_8527.jpeg
IMG_8528.jpeg
IMG_8531.jpeg
IMG_8532.jpeg
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8529.jpeg

Upvote 21
RJ
Nice post with great detail and advice on your D2
Congratulations on your accomplishment

Headed to a town We normally hunt in, that’s getting pounded. Tried one place and not even a Wheat. Didn’t really feel the door knocking bit today so I decided to go to a house We hunted awhile back and did great at.

It happens to be John McCain’s Mother’s old home in Oklahoma. The owners were real nice so off I went low and slow! I cranked the reactivity to .5 and the Sensitivity to 96 on the Deus 2 in My custom program using Sensitivity FT.

Found the collar disk first. Got a smile out of that. I was really just hoping to find another Indian there. Next up was the Merc that was a super faint squeak. Pretty sure it was either on edge, or it was the iron around it.
Next up was the flower button stud. Then the Wheat. Man We missed a lot !!! I also talked to another guy that detects there and he recognized the pics and said him & his Brother hunted it a couple months ago.

Makes You feel like You’re doing something right when You hear that. Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting!!!!View attachment 2151535View attachment 2151536View attachment 2151537View attachment 2151538View attachment 2151539View attachment 2151540View attachment 2151541
heck yes, looks like you're doing something (a lot of something) right, wtg

WELL DONE !! Great pictures :) Thanks for sharing

Some good keepers there.

It's true about never being hunted out. Various machines with various frequencies and even walking in a different direction will yield results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back