Finally can hunt in Maine!

Dunky

Feb 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LandStar
A week ago we were dealing with a major snowstorm and this week it has finally turned into Spring. I got a MD for Christmas and can use it now, 4 months later. I hunted 3 spots in the past 2 days. One is an old school site (the school burned years ago) where kids play baseball. I found 46 cents Thursday afternoon. Yesterday I went to a small kids park about 5 miles away. I got $1.06. Then I went almost next door to the spot of an old train station. Only a granite foundation is left. Just after Christmas I was able to get out before the ground froze and found an 1893 V nickle, a 1927 mercury dime and an 1886 indina head penny. Yesterday I found a 1901 Indian Head. ;D I had such a great time.

Attachments

• 1893 nickel.jpg
    1893 nickel.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 1927 dime.jpg
    1927 dime.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 403
  • 1886 IH front.jpg
    1886 IH front.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 42007IHfront.jpg
    42007IHfront.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
That's some pretty good finds Dunky. Thanks for sharing the pictures - spring is nearly here, you'll knock the dust off that thing soon!

HH/NS

Hey Dunky,
Is there still snow on the ground there? We've been thinking about planning a
trip to Maine, and I want to get some detecting time in, but I want to go when
it's decent weather.
HH Slabman

Nice coins, Dunky. That V Nickel looks nice.

HH

Slabman said:
Hey Dunky,
Is there still snow on the ground there? We've been thinking about planning a
trip to Maine, and I want to get some detecting time in, but I want to go when
it's decent weather.
HH Slabman

I'm in Central Maine and there is still snow in the woods. Down in the southern parts of the state it may be clear of snow. They got a lot of snow last week up north. My Boss lives about 10 miles from Mt. Katahdin and their snowbanks were still head high this past week.

But with this warm weather we're having the snow will all be gone soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back