Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN0149.jpg
    DSCN0149.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
Too bad there was no film in it Nice though

Upvote 0
One of my hunting buddies has found 4 of them but only one has the Kodak on it.

Upvote 0
For all you photographers out there, both amateur and professional:
It's finds like this that may you stop and think just how comparatively "easy" we have it today with modern technology!!

Nice find!!

Upvote 0
For all you photographers out there, both amateur and professional:
It's finds like this that may you stop and think just how comparatively "easy" we have it today with modern technology!!

Nice find!!

Hmmmm, I must have been on Mars when all this easy technology came out. I still use film.

Upvote 0
I have a heck of a time trying to figure out some of this modern technology that's supposed to make life easier for ya. ???

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, I must have been on Mars when all this easy technology came out. I still use film.

My photography mentor still uses color slide film, so I understand completely.
Of course, he has to scan them to manipulate them in Lightroom / Photoshop, and also for email, so it somewhat defeats the purpose.
But he's nearly a generation older than me, an MIT Ph.D. engineering grad, and overall really smart guy, so who am I to question?
He claims when camera sensors get to 114 megapixels he will think about switching.
That number almost sounds to arbitrarily precise to argue with.

Upvote 0
I've searched the Internet and still cannot find any photo like these you & I dug.

Upvote 0
I found these two pieces at a Spanish-American war camp site and was wondering if they might be from that period. I believe they are ends to a Kodak film spool. They measure 1 1/4" in diameter.

The film size you found is 116. I have these spools in my darkroom and you can see the difference. The left is an older 116 wood spool, the middle, a metal one. The one on the right is a 120 spool. The other photo shows how the film is attached to the spool. You decide if you have a wood spool or a metal one.IMG_2387 (640x480).jpgIMG_2388 (640x480).jpg

Upvote 0
The film size you found is 116. I have these spools in my darkroom and you can see the difference. The left is an older 116 wood spool, the middle, a metal one. The one on the right is a 120 spool. The other photo shows how the film is attached to the spool. You decide if you have a wood spool or a metal one.View attachment 1268559View attachment 1268560

Hiker,
Thanks for the info. Based on the size of the center protrusion I think they came from wood spools. Could they date to the 1898 time period?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back