Fighting the heat. And hitting it hard again.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi all. Got a good weekend to get out and detect finally. Had a good time besides the heat that is close to 100 and 7a.m get ups for hunting again. I hit a new park that has been searched heavily. It's 400 acres so no one could clean it out. I found 2 Indians on Saturday right on the surface. I love when past hunters leave them behind like that assuming they are garbage. My brother got 1 Indian and a sales tax token from Kansas. We got a bunch of relics and I lost a nice one out of my treasure pouch while in the field. I'll find it again.

Today we went to my favorite park that I can always rely on. I hit a strip along side the road. Second hole at 8 a.m I hit a buffalo. I then found one right on the surface. I also dug a v-nickle and some relics.

We had a good weekend overall. I really wish we would get some rain here in p.a. It sucks high heat and hard grounds for detecting. Things get broke and scratched up in these conditions if you aren't really careful.

Good Luck Jeremy

Attachments

• August Coins edited.JPG
    August Coins edited.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 334
  • August Relics edited.JPG
    August Relics edited.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 349
  • August Relics 1 edited.JPG
    August Relics 1 edited.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
AWSOME !

CONGRATS on some Very Nice Finds !

JEFF

Wow... that's quite the collection you have there ,it makes it more interesting when you find so many different objects. Have fun and keep on digg'n
Mchamby :D

Nice assortment of stuff Jeremy :D Good to see you out again, baseball must be over for you now LOL. Hope to see you post some more stuff!

HH 8) surfrat

Nice finds Jerdfx! What kind of bullet is that under the glasses? I found one in a field about a month ago.

HH,
Sherrie

Lots of neat stuff!! I have been hunting in the shade & staying out of the open fields till it cools off. I am in PA also. Hang in there.
Have a Good One,
Jim

Cool stuff as usual Jer!

Love the guitar pick!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great stuff jeremy!! One can tell from the stuff you post ,that you dont leave much unturned in an area .It shows that your persistance pays off well too.WTG!!HH

Way to go. That is a scary lookin knife blade to find in a park.

Keep it up

Deadshot

Very cool coins and relics Jeremy!The heat has definitely slowed me down recently also,this week we get a small break with it only topping out around 84 or so.

peace,bigrig

Great digs,,,WTG!!!
Seeing your post always wears me out,,, ;D that's a lot of dig'n...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Very nice stuff!

The heat is a little ugly lately, can't win! Not that long ago I was whining about the ground being frozen, now I'm complaining about the heat!! I look forward to fall for the cooler temps but that just leads to frozen ground again...

Dudes

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try and answer the best I can. I let this one go a little to long.

Not done with baseball yet. I have playoffs starting this week on Thursday. We had 12 days off because we got a bye week for being the top team in our division. Needed the rest to. You get banged up alot more than people think playing baseball at these levels.

The bullet I'm not sure the exact caliber. I know it's older and was found at a old spot. Looks like a 9mm possible.

I hunt area's hard and well. The spot I was in had the worst amounts of iron in the world. I'm not lieing. Never hunted a spot in all the hours of detecting and found a place like this.

Pittsburgh was and still is the largest producing iron area in the world I think. Huge hunks every where in this place. That's bad for me because I concentrate on very sensitive settings on the dfx. I would have had to make to many adjustments out in the field to one disc out all iron and possibly foil. Make a long story short ran full max and sensitivity like usual and used my listening skills went really slow and just listened for my dfx to tell me there was something there.

Dfx still performes well in the iron. You just have to deal with all the crackling of the iron while you sweep and listen for the good tone's to just break that up. Tone i.d is essential in these situations.

I could set the unit up to perform better in these situation but putting a program in the machine takes to long. I got one good one and don't run any other program. You don't hit spots like these hardly ever.

It takes real practice Patience and skill to work an area like this. Others have done well due to just the few coins I can manage to squeeze out of them. But take a 100 spots like this my skill I think I have and those small amounts turn into bigger amounts over time.

This is way to long. Sometimes I go off and don't realize how much I got stored up.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back