fiddlehead patch silver ! 3 of them ! small, medium, and LARGE !!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love spring!! Picking fiddleheads is a new england spring tradition! I hit the river and stream banks every may for these tasty little ferns! I also know some of these patches near town have been getting picked for decades!! if not centuries! So yes I brought my M. D. with me!! The fiddleheads were not up yet, they are late this year due to the global warming we did not experence this winter!! It made detecting easier though!! Now I have 2 reasons to go back !! The savory little fiddleheads! And the sweet big silver!! 1941 walking liberty half ! My first ! A 1934 washinton quarter, A 1945 merc , seven wheats, 2-1927,A34.37,38, 2-1941s also a few misc relics. I LOVE THE SPRING!!!!!!

Attachments

• fiddlehead silver (2).jpg
    fiddlehead silver (2).jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0
Hey Dave

Those are really nice finds. That Mercury is in great shape too. Seems the older coins look better than the new ones they stamp out now. All the seated liberty coins are breathtaking, and the SLQ, walking liberty half and the mercury dimes all take my breath away... and you found two of them... great going!

thanks for sharing

HH

sanat

Maine, Try stuffing some of those fiddlehead ferns inside a fresh brook trout and cooking it in some light butter, and you really have a meal! As for the coins... I don't think that I would fry them in a brook trout. hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back