✅ SOLVED ferrous object found in former sheep pasture-any ideas?

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20130706_203922.png

How eccentrically pointy!

SalvadorDali-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Hello Mudslide, That's a very interesting item you have there- 'specialized', specific use - it looks like the curved segment was either made that way/ or was bent a long time ago. Can you tell if it was made that way? How thick is the item? Might be a part from a hand wagon/ or carriage. What else have you found in the area/ site? More pics might help. Hope someone comes up with an answer.

yelnif

Upvote 0
Maybe a lantern hook?

Upvote 0
There is so much corrosion that I can't really tell if and where it was bent. I think the idea that it was a tool has some merit. It does look like a "froe" from the one pic I could find online. It is 1/2 inch at its thickest-the end that may have fit into a handle. The stuff I have found there ranges from sheep bells, horseshoes, to inkwells ,and from the early 1800s to 1907. Thanks for looking and thinking

ForumRunner_20130706_223717.png

ForumRunner_20130706_223737.png

ForumRunner_20130706_223758.png

about it!

Upvote 0
I like that idea. This is how I envision it working as a wall mounted boot scraper.

The bottom part only needs a bit of straightening so that the vertical part is aligned against the wall and the little spike end is hammered into the wall. Acts like a brace, similar to a wall shelf bracket.

Boot scraper.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back