FENN Treasure , a thought and question.

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody thought about the possibility that the treasure chest that was hidden was and is empty ? At least empty of gold and jewels . The only thing inside the chest is the sealed jar with the note that says something to the effect " see me in person for your reward ". Fenn had plenty of time to build in every safeguard he could think of , and this would possibly eliminate a non searcher from stumbling on the treasure and just running off with the contents. It would also allow Mr Fenn the ability to know when the treasure chest has been found .

I feel that this is possible and think that he had 2 similar chests , one he hid with the sealed note , and the other locked away somewhere with all the contents. But then again i feel that one clue tells the exact location of the treasure and the other 8 clues are referenced to verify that the location is correct. I feel this way because i am not a researcher , but actually stumbled onto something while researching something else. While elbow deep in research on that topic i read an ancient translation that was an exact word for word line from the poem. A couple days later i remembered where the line was from.... the poem. So then i was able to backtrack and locate every clue without ANY imagination or twisting , everything was literal. But i am physically unable to even check to see if i am correct. Anyway , thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I would not wasting my time seeking this so call treasure. Good hunting and good luck.

Fenn has stated he’s aware that an uninvolved party might stumble upon his treasure but he figured someone would’ve solved the location well before it was found by happenstance. Now he’s not so sure. I think the valuables are in the chest - he didn’t expect to survive his cancer treatment when he buried it. A website called “Mysterious Writings” has quite a few Q & A’s with Fenn where he discusses this possibility.

I once found pre-war coins in good condition in an old building. they were lying in a small purse for this well preserved. I put them at home and started looking for buyers. then I was forced to leave home for 3 months, and when I returned I discovered that the house was opened and some things and coins were brought out too. such a story. I think the coins are just interred. those who rob paintings are unlikely to understand something about this and most likely either have already thrown them out or sold them for a penny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back