Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had these iron items in a few of my recent posts, but thought they would stand a better chance of being ID'd in the "What Is It?" section.
All of them I dug up on the 164 acre farm I'm searching. This property has been a farm since 1936, and I have also found CW items (buttons, bullets, trunk latch, etc.) here too. All of my finds so far have been within a small area closer to the house. I haven't even had time to hit the fields & woods yet.
Any positive ID's on some of these pieces would be a great help. I'm just trying to determine if they are farm or CW related items if possible?
The small hook piece has a rectangular hole at one end, and a small pin running those the head at the other end.
Thanks again,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 418
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 410
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 408
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 414
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 405
Heya MM... As always the pics are great.

I'm thinking farm items but I have no IDs for you.

That last item seems interesting though, it swivels at one end and catches or locks at the other. Makes me think of irons (handcuffs, anklecuffs or the like) or something that wrapped around a iron bar... I dunno.

Good luck... Jim

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:

That last item seems interesting though, it swivels at one end and catches or locks at the other. Makes me think of irons (handcuffs, anklecuffs or the like) or something that wrapped around a iron bar... I dunno.

Good luck... Jim

I agree with Jim. It looks like part of a shackle.
1dk

Upvote 0
1dirtyknee said:
Montana Jim said:

Good luck... Jim

I agree with Jim. It looks like part of a shackle.
1dk

Now that Jim brought that up, it sure looks like part of one. Here's a stupid question now.......
Were shackles used during the CW or was everyone just shot on sight?

Thanks,
MM

Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
Way too small to be shackles...probably a locking hasp for an old padlock!

Romeo may be right as far as being too small for shackles. I just tried it on my own wrist, and it was tight.
Any other guesses?
-MM-

Upvote 0
That shackle looking thing looked like part of an old spur before anyone ever suggested shackle. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back