wasilvers

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2013
Milwaukee, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SS uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I might be hooked. This spring, 2 of my children decided to save for a metal detector and began running lemonade stands and doing odd jobs. By July they had 100 bucks and I matched them with another 100. I asked a friend about what equipment to buy, and he recommended tesoro, and specifically a umax machine. So I ebayed around and found a silver sabre umax. It was shipped last week. Since my kids have been saving all this time, the final wait for the mail to arrive was terrible. But today it was just like Christmas in July at my house. It had arrived!

So the more I had read about detecting, the more excited I got. My house was built in the 1800s. There is a creek next to us that has been here from the earliest maps of the area. There used to be a saloon next to my house and railroad tracks and a bridge behind us. So lots of fun searches without needing to drive.

Today the kids found about 25cents in chance ( nothing extra valuable) lots of old nails, a six inch chain and best of all - a button from the mid 1800s. We were cleaning it up tonight and my 13 year old says, " Dad, I think I'm really going to like metal detecting". Wow, no need to search for more, I already have the treasure of sharing her time. :)

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
metal_detector.gif
Super having a hobby you can share with your kids - enjoy!

welcome. great that you can share the hobby!! you have a good place to hunt. The more you learn your machine and clear out trash then the better stuff will start showing up. gotta be old coins out there! good luck

Welcome aboard, and good luck with y'alls finds.

Welcome, I'm sure there some more good stuff out around the house. Hers and your skills will advance quickly as you get more used to how the machine reads the metals out there. Good times with your daughter are ahead!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back