🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Fabricated iron object of unknown use!

dirtfisher1127

Aug 8, 2011
A friend of mine was tearing down the back rock wall of an early 1800's barn to use the stones for another project. About midway down the wall he found this obect in the dirt, either within or behind the rock wall. The object has clearly defined notches, grooves, etc. which are probably not real evident in my broken camera poor pictures!
Anyway, if anyone has seen a similar device or knows what it may have been used for, we would certainly LOVE to know! Thanks so much for visiting!

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
A friend of mine was tearing down the back rock wall of an early 1800's barn to use the stones for another project. About midway down the wall he found this obect in the dirt, either within or behind the rock wall. The object has clearly defined notches, grooves, etc. which are probably not real evident in my broken camera poor pictures!
Anyway, if anyone has seen a similar device or knows what it may have been used for, we would certainly LOVE to know! Thanks so much for visiting!
The item is off a farm implement.
For breaking the soil, or for cleaning off the soil.
Here is a new version.
Screenshot_20240206_191001_Google.jpg

Upvote 1
Thanks so much for your rapid response! I still wonder about all the grooves, slots, etc. though. what would be their purpose....to hold the teeth in place?
Probably they were for that purpose.
Hopefully someone else will actually know the make of what piece of equipment it came off.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back