Extremely trashy site.....Tesoro Compadre or Teknetics Eurotec pro?????????????

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a couple sweet spots I've been hunting but they are EXTREMELY TRASHY, just full of junk! Hunted both sites several times each, using two different detectors at both spots, AT Gold (5x8 coil) and Teknetics Gamma 6000 (5" DD coil). I have found some cool stuff at both spots but I am pretty sure there is quite a few good targets I am missing. I have read a lot of good things about the compadre, and the Eurotec pro as well, concerning their ability to find targets amongst trash. I have decided to buy one, just haven't decided on one or the other as of yet. :icon_scratch: I would very much appreciate input from yall......pros, cons, personal exp., ect. Thanks in advance!!! I am kinda thinking Compadre. If I go that route, do I get one with 5.75" coil or the new 8" coil (I know.....trashy site....small coil, but they are hardwired, and is 2.25" bigger really that much of handicap in trash? Or is 2.25" really that big of a difference in depth capability? Really wish the coils were not hardwired!). Oh, do yall know if my 5" DD coil from my Gamma will work on the Eurotec pro? Thanks again!

Last edited:
Gamma is 7.8 Khz and ETP is 7.8 khz your 5"dd screw in type, will work,all Greek Series Coils screw type will work on the ETP .
Gary

Last edited:
Thanks Gary!

Gamma is 7.8 Khz and ETP is 7.8 khz your 5"dd screw in type, will work,all Greek Series Coils screw type will work on the ETP .
Gary

G.A.P.metal, thanks again Gary for your response to the coil question. Being able to use coils I already have for my Gamma (11" & 5" DD) is a big plus. I am so scatter brained, :tongue3: I didn't even think about that before typing original post. Unless someone convinces me otherwise in the very near future, I'm more than likely going to go with the ETP. Once again, thank you!

Mike
I had the ETP...that one fun machine and deep,good in Iron sites.
That 5" DD cut through the iron like a small laser ....and will not sacrifice any depth by much.
Gary

I have the etp and have found some real nice keepers in some very iron infested sites. One word of advice is to hunt with 0 descrimination

In iron infested spots it will give the iron tones and the good tones I can't tell you how many times I have found coins and nails in the same hole. But setting the dsc to 39. And all those good little signals were masked by iron. I haven't used dsc in months on my machine and it has definitely paid off
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419699290.392760.jpg

Good luck it's a great machine

I would say it's paid off Turbo! Very good finds!

I have the etp and have found some real nice keepers in some very iron infested sites. One word of advice is to hunt with 0 descrimination

In iron infested spots it will give the iron tones and the good tones I can't tell you how many times I have found coins and nails in the same hole. But setting the dsc to 39. And all those good little signals were masked by iron. I haven't used dsc in months on my machine and it has definitely paid off
View attachment 1097442

Good luck it's a great machine

Turbo, thanks so much for your input! And by the way, those are some really nice finds ya got there!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back