Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a battery pack for an excal 2 ?
This is for a back up battery , I already have the housing , my old battery died so I’m looking for an aftermarket solution.
I still have my oem pack that still works but I need a back up too.
I tried calling maxxpacks but they haven’t responded yet and the ones for sale on Amazon have iffy reviews .
I don’t want to pay $175 for another oem battery that’s why I’m going this route .
Cheers
Colin

RNB batteries are the best IMO.

Go to EBay, type in Excalibur battery...... Go to Amazon and search Excalibur, both sites have them...

Go to EBay, type in Excalibur battery...... Go to Amazon and search Excalibur, both sites have them...
If you read my post I looked at Amazon but the reviews were poor .
Thanks

If you read my post I looked at Amazon but the reviews were poor .
Thanks
Not sure where you are seeing all the bad reviews, but there are at least 4 sellers and not seeing bad reviews that would stop me. I bought a couple Excal batterys off Amazon a few years back.

Not sure where you are seeing all the bad reviews, but there are at least 4 sellers and not seeing bad reviews that would stop me. I bought a couple Excal batterys off Amazon a few years back.
I’m looking at the reviews for the excal battery. Not a lot of reviews admittedly but what there is isn’t great .

2years ago I bought this on eBay:
PANASONIC 2000mA ION SMART BATTERY FOR MINELAB EXCALIBUR DETECOR.
I put it in and tested it, charged it, tested it again and it seemed good. I had to send the Excalibur II into Minelab for repairs and modifications and the technician said that battery had a bad cell in it. So, I went online trying to find another one. Tried finding the RNB battery with no luck. Everyone out of stock. So, I was looking on Facebook for an alternative solution and found Anton. He sent me one of his first prototypes and man, this thing works great. I used it for 2 - 8hr days and it still does not need to be charged. I will send you a message with link to his Facebook profile in a few minutes.

2years ago I bought this on eBay:
PANASONIC 2000mA ION SMART BATTERY FOR MINELAB EXCALIBUR DETECOR.
I put it in and tested it, charged it, tested it again and it seemed good. I had to send the Excalibur II into Minelab for repairs and modifications and the technician said that battery had a bad cell in it. So, I went online trying to find another one. Tried finding the RNB battery with no luck. Everyone out of stock. So, I was looking on Facebook for an alternative solution and found Anton. He sent me one of his first prototypes and man, this thing works great. I used it for 2 - 8hr days and it still does not need to be charged. I will send you a message with link to his Facebook profile in a few minutes.
Thank you Sandscoopdan 👍

Seems like Maxxpacks batteries are not available right now . They don’t answer the phone and their email box is full ( I didn’t know that was possible)
Hopefully can find something in the next week or two before my trip to the Caribbean.

Make your own, I just finished off a few. Cost me about 25 dollars each plus 12 dollars for a 12.6 volt li-ion charger. Making a video of How to this winter. These fit perfect in the stock POD.. and last about 35 hours. 3 Li-ion 18500 cells. If you can solder you can make them.

I know Anton, he makes a good battery only problem he is in the Ukraine.

1.jpg
451510564_504861818871172_7415746899276573142_n.jpg
7b.jpg
SNAG-0009.jpg

Wow! OBN, you always surprise me. I am definitely looking forward to the video showing how to make a Li-Ion battery pack that fits into the stock battery pod! I just bought a soldering class on Udemy while it was on sale for $9.99. I just bought a magnetic soldering helping hands with the magnetic clamp and got the fine tips for the Weller solder machine so I am getting ready start soldering that waterproof aircraft connector onto the large coil for the excal. Those points on the M12 4pin connectors are so tiny. Keep up the good work OBN! You have helped me out so much with the Excalibur.
Cheers,
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back