Estate sale find - Attention all Rock Hounds !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this Crystal Geode in an Estate Sale listing that I receive online. I just really like collecting these pieces of Natural Art, so I had to go to the sale in hopes of this item still being on the table. I was thinking they would probably have a tag of around $30.00 on it. I was there when they opened the doors, but about 20 people were ahead of me. As they let me enter, I started looking for all the tables with the "knick knacks" on them, and spotted my little gem still sitting there, waiting to go home with me. I couldnt believe it, as I approached the table and saw the $5.00 sticker on the Geode. I grabbed that thing quicker than I'd grab a Snickers bar ! I set it next to one of my Hutchinson's bottles for a size reference. It's just a tad bigger than a baseball. Hoping to find my Cathedral Amethyest next ! Good luck to all you Garage and Estate sale hunters.

Attachments

• geode.JPG
    geode.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Great find. I hunt out rocks too, most of the time they are junk like something the kids would bring home from a camping trip. I have found geodes too also, four meteorites, Moqui Balls (not monkey), iron pyrite and more. I have found fossils too.

Very beautiful find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back