Escrap prices

:BangHead: When do you think they will go back up?

I've read that copper parallels gold and silver. As long as the PM's stay low, don't expect much change. The last 6 months, U.S. exports have declined and U.S. demand for imported goods has fallen, so China doesn't need our scrap. Unless a huge "Black Swan" happens economically or from some unexpected coastal event, food prices and the stock market will still go up and all metals may still see some decline for the foreseeable future.

What this means to me is that I have to choose: If things do go off the cliff, will there be enough companies left to process the scrap? Do I need some things now, like a new and efficient refrigerator and freezer, or "Prepper" materials like "Beans, Bullets, or Band-aides", and go ahead and sell half my scrap to get them?

If you are fortunate and have your needs addressed, and you are buying at 10%-30% of the current low prices, I'd say keep what you have, keep buying, and don't worry when it's going back up....

Bill

Last edited:
ewaste is primarily based on PM's so once they go up then ewaste will follow. Most buyers don't adjust their pricing immediately with current spot prices.

Thanks for the info guys. Any ideas when the prices for the PMs will go up? My guess is the end of 2015.

Thanks for the info guys. Any ideas when the prices for the PMs will go up? My guess is the end of 2015.

IF Hillary is elected...

If she or Bernie is elected, watch for people moving out of the market and into pm. Always happens when a event destabilizes the markets.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back