Error?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a canadian 25 cent piece, 1906 Large Crown, that when you turn it over side to side like the other canadian quarters I have, this one's reverse is upside down! The others in my collection, when turned over side to side, have reverses that are right side up.
Is this an error? Is it valuable? Should I get it authenticated? By whom? What are the differences between coin orientation and medallion orientation?
Any answers are appreciated!
Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• canada25c 1906 error O.jpg
    canada25c 1906 error O.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 324
  • canada25c 1906 error R.jpg
    canada25c 1906 error R.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 327
Here's another picture I just took to help with the description.
Scott

Attachments

• canadian error1.jpg
    canadian error1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 312
Are you sure that this is incorrect? I just found a Canadian Victorian dime and it is oriented that same as your quarter...

I'm pretty sure...like I said, the other quarters I have from that series are oriented differently. You may have an error also. Check any other of that series coins you have and see how they are oriented.
Scott

Very clever pic, it really helps!

According to The Charlton Standard Catalog of Canadian Coins, George VII 25¢ pieces have coin alignment (like yours) from 1902-1907 and medal alignment from 1908-1910, so your coin is normal.

even if it is/was a rotated reverse coin - it would only add 2 or 3% additional value to it anyway (unless it was an extremely rare coin to begin with) then it may add 20% or more depending on the rariety, variety, etc.

rotated dies are common errors on many coins

cool find no matter though!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back