jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got equinox about week ago and traded my beloved etrac for it. My first hunt with I was with NM Dan and hunted a street tearout in downtown while I did t find much, second again with NM Dan we went old WW1 camp dump site , NM Dan found all good stuff and I found burned buckle maybe silver, after acid test was positive for silver I was happy. Next hunt was a premission got on a 1917 house I found wheats and two buffaloes but no silver. I went out this morning to the street tearout and equinox just going crazy so pack it up and came home ,thinking I hope make a bad choice. Well found out Sen was setting was to high and adjusting the wrong button, Thanks NM Dan. Well at home check my equinox and it was running great after adjusting sen. And while testing it I found this a sterling silver spoon in my backyard!!!!! 20180423_073009.jpg20180425_080803.jpg20180428_141408.jpg20180428_141413.jpg20180428_141425.jpg20180428_143326.jpg20180428_143334.jpg20180428_143405.jpg

Upvote 22
Congratualtions on the new machine and the fun that will follow! :occasion14:

As far as I can tell,Dan is a real gentleman and really enjoys the challenges these sites provide. You’ve got a great partner there,don’t lose him!:thumbsup:

Hey Jimz ! Finding Gorham silver in the dirt is always a good thing ! Your spoon is almost certainly a grapefruit spoon as per the shape/ point of the bowl - nice find !

Lol...I can't believe I was listening to the live dig on the phone....I thought for sure you were BS'ing me! Once you get comfortable with the Nox, you'll tear it up like you did with the Etrac!!!

Nice spoon find. Keep working the nox. It’s only going to get better.

I love the Etrac and what it can do. That doesn't mean I won't step up my game and look at other machines.
I'm hearing lots of good things about the Equinox.
That Sterling Spoon is a great score.
Congratulations

I use a v3i and just got the nox 800 a few weeks ago. Still trying to figure out the hype. There are some things I like about it, "waterproof". I don't like the charging system. I'd rather have multiple batteries to switch out, so I never have to wait. If it had sizing and taget ID live the v3i I'd like it a lot more.

Looking good jim and dan. I hope to catch up with you guys someday. Silver and buttons is a good day all day long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back