Equinox 900 question

mh12345

Jul 25, 2024
Silly question maybe. I’m buying a used 900 tomorrow and I was curious why some 900s say equinox 900 on the face plates and others have options on the lower portion of the faceplate. Here is a picture for reference of the said detector. Also, any other pointers on what I should look out for with buying used? Model is said to be a 2023. Thanks!
IMG_2513.png

Silly question maybe. I’m buying a used 900 tomorrow and I was curious why some 900s say equinox 900 on the face plates and others have options on the lower portion of the faceplate. Here is a picture for reference of the said detector. Also, any other pointers on what I should look out for with buying used? Model is said to be a 2023. Thanks!View attachment 2160529
Somebody has added a face plate sticker I do believe.

Silly question maybe. I’m buying a used 900 tomorrow and I was curious why some 900s say equinox 900 on the face plates and others have options on the lower portion of the faceplate. Here is a picture for reference of the said detector. Also, any other pointers on what I should look out for with buying used? Model is said to be a 2023. Thanks!View attachment 2160529
I can vouche for this. Screen protector covers it. Just barely tho. U can see the lowered screen protector a touch. That cover the words. It u line em up just right. The letters just show under . Kinda tacky looking. Look at coil supports for any stress crack, shaft for soft spots or cracks , the connections for oxidation , u can look at coil guard and tell if it was used much. Common to have scuffs just not so worn it’s thinned out. Also peel it off see if they clean the dirt and sand from inside there. If u cant meet somewhere u can swing around a bit. Just take some coins or random metal . Just lower sensitivity a bit and run couple things across the coil.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back