Empathic old lady sees into my metal detecting heart

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was detecting at an "old" church (old is 1920s in the Miami area), Saturday. I was working on a silver coin under a root. I could see the rim, but dimly, as I scratched away at the dirt with a twig I'd picked up.

Someone stopped by to help, and if she wasn't a metal detectorist, she was an empath, because she seemed to understand exactly the dreams and hopes of this dirt diver.

Hope you enjoy the vid. It's short and snappy, designed for young folks with short attention spans and old folks with short fuses.

BTW, no water pipes were harmed during the production of this video. Any leaking pipage you see in the video is "acting." (Remember the SNL skits?)

Seriously, I dug another hole 3 or 4 yards away, and the ground was full of water over there too, so if there was a leak, it was pre-existing as the whole section was already soaked under the surface. I never saw any pipe.

Upvote 2
That was great, should have picked her brain a little and found the locations of the old swimming holes or socials.
Keep @ it and HH !!

Delightful video! :laughing7: :icon_thumright: Fun watching you work the coin out from that root. Good old silver coins and a calm upbeat old lady (who's about my age, btw --ha-ha!) HH from golden Oldie Andi

outstanding.gif
Outstanding finds and VID scaupus!

great video Scaupus. I wish there were more people like that showing interest in what we do and such a sweet old lady. Great finds

That was great, loved it. Nice score on the silver too.
ZDD

What a great video! Loved the music you picked for it. Nice finds and I'll betcha that little lady would be willing to be your helper anytime.

Hahah. That was good. I that she was about to get down there with you and help you look. Bet you could have got a digging date with her. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back