elementary school find. its a star!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue what this is. It is sitting on a dime for perspective. It is copper and I filled it with permanent marker for the detail.
StarButton.jpg

some sort of token??

cool find,

hh

Upvote 0
Token,

Thats pretty small... what are your initial thoughts? Button? Snap? Anything on the back? Is it solid or just a cover for something? And finally... I see a few letters, but what are the botton three sybmols/letters between the star points?

Upvote 0
Bottom and top right: appears to be wires. The back has some sort of enamel on it and the copper is solid. Maybe from a bracelet.

Upvote 0
TokenFinder said:
Bottom and top right: appears to be wires. The back has some sort of enamel on it and the copper is solid. Maybe from a braclet.

ok, I change my guess.

I see you are in texas..the star
I see an H, L, and P on it..Houston Lighting and Power?
dont know what the 63 or other 2 symbols mean...

possibly one of those security tabs thats on an electric meter. ???

:)
cheers

edit... now that I look again I think it is Houston Lighting & Power Co.
the bottom character is a C with an o in it..the other may be a + or &.

;D

Upvote 0
That has something to do with Houston Lighting and Power Company. It is now called CenterPoint Energy after having gone thru a couple of name changes. They are a utility that provides electricity to the Houston area. I worked for them for 33 years before retiring. I'm not sure what the disk was used for.

Huntin' 59er

Upvote 0
junkdigger said:
Maybe an electric meter seal? I think I've found one or two of those near power poles.

It looks like a seal to me too. Something like these.

Attachments

• Seals.JPG
    Seals.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
That's probably what it is. I looked under various search terms and came up with nothing. Found it in a field at an elementary school. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back