🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tester?? IMG9561921.jpg
Screenshot_2017-01-04-13-32-10.png

Wire connecting the clamp and probe is not insulated so if it was meant to have current flowing thru it it is way dangerous. Looks to me like it was a continuity tester of some type as it only has a single lead. Voltage testers or hot knife would have dual leads to complete the circuit.

Upvote 0
Video is working but quality not letting us see much. Giving this further thought, I am thinking a spark plug tester. Will look for info/pic

Upvote 0
What about a 12 volt hot knife ?

Ground from bat to say ummmmmmm whatever. ?

Upvote 0
What about a 12 volt hot knife ?

Ground from bat to say ummmmmmm whatever. ?

Would not be a complete circuit, still need to get back to source. Hot knife is basically a coil that heats up with current flow. Single lead means flow thru but not returned, so the item is basically a jumper of sorts to complete one side of a path of flow.

Upvote 0
Quack medicine electric shock device? Circuits were completed through contact with another component attached to the other side of a coil on such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reminds me of an electric livestock fence connector but I cant see how you would attach it without getting shocked.images.jpg

Upvote 0
Errr.. for example... from unit to + ...
Negative of bat connected to "item" to be "whatevered"... IE: clamp from negative is already connect / clamped to item that will be touched with device that is connected to the positive.

Follow ?

When you use item this now completes circuit.

Upvote 0
welding rod holder . The welders cost $12.95 in 1956 and were advertised in the back of Popular Mechanix magazine .

Upvote 0
welding rod holder . The welders cost $12.95 in 1956 and were advertised in the back of Popular Mechanix magazine .
Do you have a month and page number? Hate to ask, but I have limited data. The wire seems awful small for any kind of "welder" - unless someone was advertising it as such when it's more of a soldering tool. Regardless, it looks like a PERFECT candidate for Popular Mechanix ads!! Great thinking!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like a ground strap for whatever that tool does. Something that might have a static electricity problem that they needed to eliminate.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back