Eagle medallion 1 5/16" diameter

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Oregon and Central to Northern CA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab X-Terra 70, Minelab GP3500, Goldbug 2, Deus...high frequency and stock coils, Equinox 800, and Minelab Gold Monster 1000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426400790.455003.jpg

Looks like a disc from a tongue and wreath style buckle. What does the back look like?

Upvote 0
It is hollow on the back, you can see the embossing on the back, it does not weigh very much it's light. There is a small lip all the way around. Found this in an 1850s CA gold rush era sight. One of the major trail into CA.

Upvote 0
Could this relic be US Calvary? It has 21 stars around the outside, perched on a spear with 3 arrows and an olive branch in its talons. Also a shield on its chest. There was a Calvary post near this site for a couple years.

Upvote 0
Looks like a disc from a tongue and wreath style buckle. What does the back look like?

Maybe the OP can show the back, it may show the break point where it broke from the rest of the tongue....or it will disprove this theory if it is smooth and uniform around the perimeter..

Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426449546.223244.jpg

Here is the back side, it dose appear that it tore loose from an other part, not 100% sure though. Would this be something a civilian have? Or military?

Upvote 0
Thanks Mud Hut I will when I get the time, soon...

Upvote 0
Eagle medallion 1 5/16" diameter

Thank you for the link, it solved the question. I'm new to coin and relic and I've been told things like this relic are quit desirable, well I am/was pretty ignorant about relics...am learning and have been bitten by the bug.

Upvote 0
That is a very nice find! Not sure of the value but relicman.com its plate P 1745 Civil war Sweet! Too bad all of it isnt there :(

Upvote 0
Nice. Why not mark it Solved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SOLVED.....SOLVED
I onLy have access to a mobil device right now, will mark solved in two or three days on a PC. THANKS EVERYONE[emoji12]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back