Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Dug this item yesterday. It's stamped brass, with three attachment points evident on the back (top left and right on the reverse, as well as the center bottom). It appears that there were some sort of wire attachments (braising marks evident at those points on the back). The piece strongly resembles a cap badge or hat pin in style and shape. The eagle's legs are broken off, so I don't know whether the eagle was clutching something at one time or not. The relic says "BINGHAM" and "ASHEVILLE" across the top. Any ideas?

HPIM5098.JPGHPIM5099.JPGHPIM5100.JPG

Man if I found something like that I could think up a name real quick ucking awesome wish could find 0ne like that my self . No matter what it is ,Buckleboy nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vanzutphen

Upvote 0
Police badge ? Fire dept badge? are what comes to mind

Upvote 0
Police badge ? Fire dept badge? are what comes to mind

Someone suggested Riverboat captain's badge. Strange thing is, I have no idea what the two words mean... :(

Upvote 0
Badgeboy,I mean Buckleboy,that item is sweet no matter what it is!

Upvote 0
Bingham Military School hat badge, no idea on age but I'd sure go look for the other half.... Really cool find!

bingham.jpgbingham2.jpg

Might be kinda rare, I only found these two online..... could be older than you think as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Online info seems to indicate that they moved to Asheville in 1891, so that would be the earliest I suppose.

Upvote 0
Hey Buck!! Really Nice Find for Den Sprg area!! He He!! Best of all for the Bandits!! You Guys amaze me!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back