✅ SOLVED Eagle and anchor hat pins how old and from what organization?

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found these pins at a thrift shop. They reminded me of military buttons that are posted here often. I cleaned them up thanks to pointers I got off this web site. Only the bigger one has a back mark. It says OEHM & Co. Baltimore. It measures .8065 the other two are .635. The letters over the eagle are RCS. I found a few on line that are similar but no helpful information and no letters on front and nothing with that back mark. In fact I can't find anything with that back mark.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

RCS is the Revenue Cutter Service -nice find! I would think they were originally buttons.
This site has some, a bit more than half way down the page: http://lighthouseantiques.net/Revenue Cutter Serv.htm
They probably date to around 1900. OEHM was an army navy supplier, perhaps better known for swords from around that time (I don't know their exact dates of operation), but the RCS became the Coast Guard in 1915

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks so much! That is great information. Love the history. You probably are right about them being buttons though who ever changed them did a really good job you can't see much of a weld.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back