96.7 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 1944 Wheat (back).JPG
    1944 Wheat (back).JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 6 Dec 2011 Park Finds.JPG
    6 Dec 2011 Park Finds.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,393
Upvote 0
Thats in nice shape for coming out of the ground!

Nice find! Amazing condition, next thing you know you'll have an Indian :icon_thumright:

I think I'll pass out if I do actually pull out an IH! This was my third wheatie from the same park, so I'm going to go back and hit it hard tomorrow, and hopefully find some silver coins, or older coins! :icon_thumright:
oxbowbarefoot said:
Nice find! Amazing condition, next thing you know you'll have an Indian :icon_thumright:

If your finding wheats silver should be there also.

HH
Tim

Thanks, Tim...I'm going to be doing some deep searching tomorrow with my Ace 150. I normally just have the sensitivity set to half. I'm thinking though, if I set it to full, I should be able to get those really deep coins...hopefully my first silver! I'll post my finds tomorrow... Happy hunting! :icon_thumright:
oldmaps said:
If your finding wheats silver should be there also.

HH
Tim

Hi Kayden...yeah, this particular park that I hunt quite often, the soil really is quite generous to all the coins I've found there. Now when I go to the beach, well that's a whole different ball game! Those coins are crusty and nasty (but I still appreciate them!). Happy hunting! :icon_thumleft:
kayden said:
Thats in nice shape for coming out of the ground!

Try burying some silver coins at different depths with colored plastic markers above the coin on the surface and play with the settings until you can go as deep as possible. Don't discount those faint signals! Good luck and good job on the wheatie!

Nice, nice, nice... That's a great find. Isn't it nice to get out for just a few hours and have a day like that?

BTW, what camera do you use? Those are great close ups. I have a new coin collecting/cataloging program that lets me enter photos, but I am trying to find a camera that takes good close-ups without a lot of fuss.

Thank you! And yes, it's really nice to be able to hunt where I live year-round! I do enjoy the exercise and fresh Florida air...and of course hearing my MD go crazy when I pass over a target. ;D As far as my camera...I use a Pentax *ist DL, 6.2mp digital camera (the kind that you can change the lenses on). I'm a photography major at a local college in St. Petersburg, so it gets ALOT of use, and fortunately, I have a lens that allows me to take some really nice macro shots. What's the coin collecting program that you have? Happy hunting! :icon_thumright:
SilverPirate said:
Nice, nice, nice... That's a great find. Isn't it nice to get out for just a few hours and have a day like that?

BTW, what camera do you use? Those are great close ups. I have a new coin collecting/cataloging program that lets me enter photos, but I am trying to find a camera that takes good close-ups without a lot of fuss.

Attachments

• pentaxistdl.jpg
    pentaxistdl.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,484
Thanks alot for the tip! I'll give it a try this weekend and see what happens. :icon_thumleft:
capndan151 said:
Try burying some silver coins at different depths with colored plastic markers above the coin on the surface and play with the settings until you can go as deep as possible. Don't discount those faint signals! Good luck and good job on the wheatie!

Desertvet said:
Thank you! And yes, it's really nice to be able to hunt where I live year-round! I do enjoy the exercise and fresh Florida air...and of course hearing my MD go crazy when I pass over a target. ;D As far as my camera...I use a Pentax *ist DL, 6.2mp digital camera (the kind that you can change the lenses on). I'm a photography major at a local college in St. Petersburg, so it gets ALOT of use, and fortunately, I have a lens that allows me to take some really nice macro shots. What's the coin collecting program that you have? Happy hunting! :icon_thumright:
SilverPirate said:

I have EZ-Coin. Here is a link... http://www.pcvu.com/ezcoin/index.html

I got it right before I bought a new PC. But since I don't have my USB microscope yet, I haven't bothered installing it on the new PC.

Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back