Dug a few relics today

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I got out for about 4 hours today and went to a "dugout" camp that can be a digger's nightmare. The ground changes every few feet. There are areas of burnt nails and the small nails from boot heels are scattered everywhere, To make matters even better the old dump used until the 1960's was beside ( and actually went over into) this camp. But hey those are the reasons there are still relics there. You just need to be patient and concentrate. I ended up with an eagle button, a bullet wormer and 4 .58 3 ring mini's I also dug about 25 burnt square nails that sounded pretty good to me.

Attachments

• jan19.jpg
    jan19.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
Great CW stuff, good job!

Sweet eagle! :thumbsup: on your hunt for today! Breezie

Very nice relics you found...I hear ya on those nails...They sound pretty nice on my machine too.

I have learnt a bit from this post of yours ...patience and learn the ole discrimination...thanks mate

Nice finds. The button looks to be in great shape.
Dman
Dman
Dman

Hey nice finds... You certainly have the right insight on why there are still finds there. Anytime there's any condition that makes the hunting difficult, you will always be able to get something.. especially when there is more than one condition that makes it tough.. Great finds Nice button :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. A lot of the places around here have been hunted hard but the ground is pretty bad in most places. I don't pay much attention to my meter. If the machine says it's good I'll dig it even if I don't like the way it sounds but if it says it's iron and I like the machines response to the metal. I'll dig it anyway. I do dig a lot of junk but dig a lot of good stuff that was missed. Years ago there was a SC camp that everyone had given up on, including me. I went in there one day and in a couple hours dug several bullets and a couple buttons. I started digging that place hard ignoring the discriminator and in a couple years dug over 75 S.C. buttons, an eagle breast plate, quite a few coins,including a gold dollar and tons of bullets. That was where I learned to listen to the machine and not worry about the discriminater.
Rando you're right a lot of the wormers look like globs of rust and a thrown away or simply not dug because they are iron.

vayank54 said:
Thanks guys. A lot of the places around here have been hunted hard but the ground is pretty bad in most places. I don't pay much attention to my meter. If the machine says it's good I'll dig it even if I don't like the way it sounds but if it says it's iron and I like the machines response to the metal. I'll dig it anyway. I do dig a lot of junk but dig a lot of good stuff that was missed. Years ago there was a SC camp that everyone had given up on, including me. I went in there one day and in a couple hours dug several bullets and a couple buttons. I started digging that place hard ignoring the discriminator and in a couple years dug over 75 S.C. buttons, an eagle breast plate, quite a few coins,including a gold dollar and tons of bullets. That was where I learned to listen to the machine and not worry about the discriminater.
Rando you're right a lot of the wormers look like globs of rust and a thrown away or simply not dug because they are iron.

Amen yank, almost every find I've posted from this hospital site sounded like foil :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Great find for any day of the week!!!!

Usually the wormer's don't come out like that,they fall apart very easy.Great save's on the bunch :thumbsup:

Dont you hate diggin cut nails,lol. I know how you feel. Looks like you got a couple of nice drops, and a eagle so it was worth it, congrats :icon_thumright:

Cw

Way to go vayank54 :hello2: Would take 4 hours like that any day :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back