Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I took the equinox for a swim at one of the local park beaches. I’m still not convinced it works better in the water than the ATPro. I did ok, but the waterproof headphones are not really loud enough for my bad hearing (can’t wear my hearing aides in the water). The water has gone down so I decided to use my wireless headphones, but when the box was underwater I lost the connection. This made things a little more challenging.

I did ok for a 3 hour hunt. All together I found 27 coins with a face value of $3.48, a nice heavy silver bracelet with czs, 3 none precious rings, a gold colored silver earring, 3 earring backs, 2 earrings, one tab and the usual chunks for foil and aluminum wrappers.

DSCN2673.jpeg

The rings are both stainless. The one on the left has a chain around the center and is kind of cool. Too bad it’s not gold or silver.

DSCN2674.jpeg

DAY 2
I managed to sneak in a short 3 hour hunt with the CZ21 before we went camping for the weekend. I went to a park I have been working lately. It has been very dry so I am being more selective in my digs so I don’t leave too many brown spots. No one has complained in the past, but I don’t want to risk there being an issue.

All together I found 52 coins with a face value of $3.38, a ring, a piece of a lead printing plate, an old compact, a hose nozzle, some brass fittings and connectors, a few tabs and a little can slaw.

DSCN2675.jpeg

The ring is a vintage one and is marked 10K GOLD FILLED & STERLING ESPO. The ESPO is the mark of Joseph Esposito. All the ones I have found on line with this marking as well as the 10k sterling are considered vintage. I believe the company is still operating today, but I don’t think this is one of the newer rings from what I see on line.

DSCN2678.jpeg

The compact is in decent shape except for a broken mirror. I can’t find any words on it, but it has a wave pattern on the back and geese flying on the front.

DSCN2676.jpeg

DAYS 3 & 4
Over the weekend we went camping with my other daughter and her family. I brought the extra ATPro for my granddaughter to use and I was hoping she would finally find a good piece of jewelry.

She slept in the first morning and didn’t make it out. The second morning she came out for 2 hours. (Teenagers like their sleep). The water was cold and she just worked the beach while I did the water. She managed a few coins, tabs and sinkers, but no jewelry.

I spent 6.5 hours in the water and a quick search of part of the beach with my ATPro and found 49 coins with a face value of $4.83, a silver necklace, 2 silver earrings, 4 rings, a Saint Christopher medal, an assortment of junky jewelry, 2 earring backs, a batch of sinkers, 6.5 tabs, a car wash $1 token, selfie stick retainers, a brass fitting, fishing gear, a cool toy skateboard and of course foil.

DSCN2681.jpeg

One silver earring is a gold colored butterfly with lots of tiny czs, the other is a tiny crescent moon. The chain has a small heart with czs a,d has a tag marked EXPRESS and another with 925 and the a 88.

DSCN2683.jpeg

The rings are nothing great unfortunately. A black stainless with a crescent moon, a KENDRA SCOTT heart ring, a small mood ring and a half a cheapie kiddie ring.

DSCN2682.jpeg

6 silvers for the week is a decent haul, but not as good as most years in the past. The crowds were smaller at the beach this year. I also noticed not many people were wearing jewelry like they have in the past. My daughter thinks some people are selling their jewelry because of the bad economy which is very possible. Way fewer coins as well, but most people are using credit and debit cards at the camp store and concession stand so less coins to loose. Patients pays when it come to swingin, but if it ain’t there you won’t find it.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

DSCN2685.jpeg

Upvote 14
DAY 1
I took the equinox for a swim at one of the local park beaches. I’m still not convinced it works better in the water than the ATPro. I did ok, but the waterproof headphones are not really loud enough for my bad hearing (can’t wear my hearing aides in the water). The water has gone down so I decided to use my wireless headphones, but when the box was underwater I lost the connection. This made things a little more challenging.

I did ok for a 3 hour hunt. All together I found 27 coins with a face value of $3.48, a nice heavy silver bracelet with czs, 3 none precious rings, a gold colored silver earring, 3 earring backs, 2 earrings, one tab and the usual chunks for foil and aluminum wrappers.

View attachment 2095404

The rings are both stainless. The one on the left has a chain around the center and is kind of cool. Too bad it’s not gold or silver.

View attachment 2095405

DAY 2
I managed to sneak in a short 3 hour hunt with the CZ21 before we went camping for the weekend. I went to a park I have been working lately. It has been very dry so I am being more selective in my digs so I don’t leave too many brown spots. No one has complained in the past, but I don’t want to risk there being an issue.

All together I found 52 coins with a face value of $3.38, a ring, a piece of a lead printing plate, an old compact, a hose nozzle, some brass fittings and connectors, a few tabs and a little can slaw.

View attachment 2095406

The ring is a vintage one and is marked 10K GOLD FILLED & STERLING ESPO. The ESPO is the mark of Joseph Esposito. All the ones I have found on line with this marking as well as the 10k sterling are considered vintage. I believe the company is still operating today, but I don’t think this is one of the newer rings from what I see on line.

View attachment 2095408

The compact is in decent shape except for a broken mirror. I can’t find any words on it, but it has a wave pattern on the back and geese flying on the front.

View attachment 2095407

DAYS 3 & 4
Over the weekend we went camping with my other daughter and her family. I brought the extra ATPro for my granddaughter to use and I was hoping she would finally find a good piece of jewelry.

She slept in the first morning and didn’t make it out. The second morning she came out for 2 hours. (Teenagers like their sleep). The water was cold and she just worked the beach while I did the water. She managed a few coins, tabs and sinkers, but no jewelry.

I spent 6.5 hours in the water and a quick search of part of the beach with my ATPro and found 49 coins with a face value of $4.83, a silver necklace, 2 silver earrings, 4 rings, a Saint Christopher medal, an assortment of junky jewelry, 2 earring backs, a batch of sinkers, 6.5 tabs, a car wash $1 token, selfie stick retainers, a brass fitting, fishing gear, a cool toy skateboard and of course foil.

View attachment 2095409

One silver earring is a gold colored butterfly with lots of tiny czs, the other is a tiny crescent moon. The chain has a small heart with czs a,d has a tag marked EXPRESS and another with 925 and the a 88.

View attachment 2095411

The rings are nothing great unfortunately. A black stainless with a crescent moon, a KENDRA SCOTT heart ring, a small mood ring and a half a cheapie kiddie ring.

View attachment 2095410

6 silvers for the week is a decent haul, but not as good as most years in the past. The crowds were smaller at the beach this year. I also noticed not many people were wearing jewelry like they have in the past. My daughter thinks some people are selling their jewelry because of the bad economy which is very possible. Way fewer coins as well, but most people are using credit and debit cards at the camp store and concession stand so less coins to loose. Patients pays when it come to swingin, but if it ain’t there you won’t find it.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

View attachment 2095412
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back