Dream Bag! First bag (instead of box).. gold plated 66?

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Hey guys! I got my first dream bag and I broke several milestones/goals! I had two goals: I wanted to find an S mintmark, I

found 2two (2003 and 1986), my other goal was to find a roll's worth of silver, which I found two rolls worth of silver! All 40%. The

weirdest part was I found a silver rosie, 1963 in the bag as well :D. Totals: 41x40% and 1 rosie= 6.1359 troy ounces of silver!

Now here's the part you want pictures, I apologize in advance for poor phone pics:

ftYC5.jpg

uN0H0.jpg

CHhjo.jpg

Is there any chance the gold plated coin is actually gold? It gives no noise or ding when I flick it in the air like my other silver.

I'll weigh it after class around 10pm EST

Upvote 0
Hey I dont know for sure that you don't know this, but in your post, you mention that "all" your finds were 40%. I figured I would mention to you that the S proofs you found (if indeed silver) are 90% silver. They make S-mint marks that are clad too. So if the edge of your "proof" is silver, its 90%.. If you see copper at all, its copper nickel.

Other than that, nice finds.... Congrats.

Congrats on the nice score! that's a lot of silver for one bag.:thumbsup:

I'm going to pick up a Brinks half bag tomorrow that a teller ordered for me yesterday - and I didn't even ask her to. I think I'll bring her some chocolate when I pick up. And I just hope I don't get skunked.

Finding silver @ face is oooh so great! HH!

@rock doc, the edges are indeed clad, oh well, still cool for me though

@silverface, I didn't order this, although it was ready to be sent to brinks.
It's the bag from a coin counter in the bank.

Nice finds.. :icon_thumright:

There is no gold there. It is toning. Somewhat of a gold colored toning, not metallic gold..

byrne3 said:
Nice finds.. :icon_thumright:

There is no gold there. It is toning. Somewhat of a gold colored toning, not metallic gold..

It appears like toning in these pics, but it sounds like there's no metal at all inside. Like plastic hitting a stone surface.

No ambient sound comes from it, I'm actually about to weigh it. I'll edit in any weight difference if any. It feels the same weight as my other 40%'ers

Okay it comes to about 11.25g. Which is weird, my other 40%'ers all average around 11.40-11.50g... ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Also, I did try shaking it in a mason jar to see if it is a magicians coin.. nothing happened

if i were you i would have gone right back and bought the bag of dimes from the machine. bet there's a lot more silver left in there if a silver dime ended up in the half bag.

@offspring You know, I'll go for those dimes in a few days, I have $1500 in halves on order for tom (at a few banks) tomorrow. That'll be the most I've ever done in a day so I dunno if I'd feel up for more or not, plus not enough liquid $.

@tim it was a dream bag for me, I gotta leave room to improve lol. I just started less than a month ago and had skunks the past two weeks.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back