fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my wife to visit her mother in the nursing home and while she was there I hit the vacant lot across the street. It was very hot and the ground was as hard as concrete but I did manage to retrieve these two items. I did leave three or four targets that I just could not dig down to. If and when we get some rain I'll go back and see if I can find them again.
The cross is nothing special but I like it. The bell shaped trinket is pretty neat. It's advertising for Dr. Bell's Pine Tar Honey. I found several on line but didn't have any luck dating them. I feel like it is from the early 1900s but could use some confirmation.

Attachments

• Dr Bells 2.jpg
    Dr Bells 2.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DR Bells 1.jpg
    DR Bells 1.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 80
I used to have a bell identical to that except a little larger - no writing. Mine (if I remember correctly) was originally on a key ring.

Upvote 0
Neat finds, I don't have any input but just wanted to say that I have encountered hard ground like that as well, and am seriously considering getting one of these:

819d4cce3da71f8ef6613f4ebcdb2d88.jpg

Upvote 0
Congratulations for braving the concrete! We in PNW had a little rain last night, so considering going dirt fishing today.

Upvote 0
Congratulations for braving the concrete! We in PNW had a little rain last night, so considering going dirt fishing today.

We got a very brief shower today but rain is in the forecast all week. And, I rode by this spot Friday and it has been mowed. Come on rain!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back