• 101_0396.JPG
    101_0396.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 101_0397.JPG
    101_0397.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 9
holy toledo batman lol sweet saves!!!!

Great bunch of finds, buddy! I haven't forgot about ya by the way. I still need to get back in those woods and check out some of those bottle dumps and take some pics for ya, see if you're interested in any of them. They have been logging back there, so I kinda wanted to stay clear of the area. They're done now and I'll see if I can get out there this week and get some pics.

I see that your digging efforts were well rewarded. Very nice assortment of CW camp finds.

Wow! That's quite a few minie balls you dug there. Glad to see the 1266X....I have one as well ..... if I could only get time to go. That is frustrating. What do you think of your 1266X?

Why do you think so many drops in that small of a space? Are they using the powder to start a fire and then throwing the ball away? Maybe the cartridges got wet? I have always wondered about that. Weren't they fined something like 25 cents for each lost cartridge? Most finds 4"-6" deep?

Good luck....keep it up.

Good to see your hard work paid off .Great finds

FANTASTIC!!!

I see that your digging efforts were well rewarded. Very nice assortment of CW camp finds.

Thanks Bill, I see your having very awesome digs too love the photos and posts of you're times down further east l!!!

Wow! That's quite a few minie balls you dug there. Glad to see the 1266X....I have one as well ..... if I could only get time to go. That is frustrating. What do you think of your 1266X?

Why do you think so many drops in that small of a space? Are they using the powder to start a fire and then throwing the ball away? Maybe the cartridges got wet? I have always wondered about that. Weren't they fined something like 25 cents for each lost cartridge? Most finds 4"-6" deep?

Good luck....keep it up.

Love the 1266x been using it for years and wouldn't want another machine. Stafford had over 140,000+ soldiers come through and they stayed for months in the camps in hut sites mostly. Any hut you dig in Stafford will more then likely have 2-4 bullets in it sometimes up too 20+ bullets and a eagle button or two or three,etc.. Union huts are filled with all sorts of relics it was basically the soldiers house for months.. Most all the huts I dig are 3 feet in the ground..

Congrats on an awesome day of digging!

nice finds congrats HH

Thanks.. Funny how in union camps you can dig up huts all day long and come out loaded but you dig huts in a confederate camp you are lucky to even come out with a bullet!!! Hopefully I will get more successful in the Confederate side of things soon.

Thanks.. Funny how in union camps you can dig up huts all day long and come out loaded but you dig huts in a confederate camp you are lucky to even come out with a bullet!!! Hopefully I will get more successful in the Confederate side of things soon.

I'll second that. Back in the 80's when I was detecting a lot around Mill Springs, I would search the Confederate hut sites (15th Mississippi) for hours. Nothing. The 'hot spots' where they had their fires would drive me nuts with false readings but those boys took care of what was issued to them. No waste.

Awesome job!! Like the smiley face made of bullets!! Like the sword hanger!

I'll second that. Back in the 80's when I was detecting a lot around Mill Springs, I would search the Confederate hut sites (15th Mississippi) for hours. Nothing. The 'hot spots' where they had their fires would drive me nuts with false readings but those boys took care of what was issued to them. No waste.

Sometimes its not even worth going into a confederate camp and digging a hut but spending time and try and find their trash pit in the camp. I have had good relics come out of trash pits in confederate camps but man most of the huts in rebel camps are bone dry you really really have to be patient and put good energy into you're digging when dealing with rebel hut sites and trash pits. You may dig 3-4 feet deep and wide and get 1 bullet or 1 button for 4-5 hours of digging and sometimes you may just dig and dig and dig and dig and not get nothing but nails!

lol...gotta love that smiley face! Gotta love all those finds! WTG!

Great digs congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back