down by the shoreline or up on the beach?

Hunt with little to no disc. and slow in both wet & dry sand,

you should find a lot more than just trash,

HH

Lonewolfe

See where the people are congregated on the beach at High tide. That's the first place I look. Then check it out at low tide to see where the sand break is. It will only be a small strip about 3 or 4 feet wide near the surf line. This is where stuff tends to be concentrated the most. At least that's my take on it. It still depends on the machine and the type of beach etc... Good Luck.

I AGREE WITH TOWcritter, ITS THAT MAGIC LINE BETWEEN LOW AND HIGH TIDE. TRY TO GET THERE AT OR BEFORE DEAD LOW AND DRAW AN IMAGINARY LINE RIGHT DOWN THE CENTER OF BOTH AND HUNT 5' ON BOTH SIDES. THIS IS NORMALY WHERE THE GOOD STUFF COLLECTS. GOOD LUCK!!!! KEEP ON POSTIN, THE ROOSTER

San Diego salt water beaches off of Coronado. Hunting with the Ace250 and stock coil. Ive been digging just about every signal I get and I keep turning up bits of Foil like crazy..Thanks for the great advise so far!!

Sounds like you havent found the right area or its hunted frequently. The ACE250 is a coin magnet. I discrim out the foil and dig everything else.

SOunds to me like u need a md er as all beginners should get an Ace 250, but if u have a high budjet get and XLT or MXT or a Minlab Expaorer II or DFX
but if low budjet again get the Ace 250, Hope u find alot o stuff! HH CS

SD MUDDOG said:
...Hunting with the Ace250 and stock coil...turning up bits of Foil like crazy...

I hunted a NC beach last week and dug lots and lots of foil. Very Frustrating.

I'd recommend checking out this guy's website: http://thegoldenolde.com/oldego3.htm
It's true that it was written for Florida beaches, but much of what he relates can easily be translated to the Left Coast...
I lived most of my life in San Diego and would have enjoyed hunting there - but I only began enjoying this new hobby since the first of this year... and now I'm in Florida. I'd have LOVED to check out what the rich tourists left behind in La Jolla and Pacific Beach... and would have glady cleaned up whatever the stoners dropped out of their pockets on Mission or Ocean Beaches!
Good Luck - and let us know how you're doing!
Ruth

LOL SaintSea, nothing has changed since you left then. I live in Scripps Ranch and those are the exact same beaches I frequent. Badger, I had the ACE set to one notch below the 5cent icon. Does foil get detected in the ring range?? Thanks again everyone for the reply's I willl make use with all of the great advise here. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back