Double Gold Beach Day

cream43

Jan 3, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Took a bike ride along the beach the other day and noticed a new erosion cut line in an area of heavy beach traffic, including several pro beach volleyball sites. It was chilly this morning so I spent about 2 hours at the site staying within 10 feet of the high tide cut line. Both rings and about 3 dollars in change were found in about a half mile of beach. The rings are both marked 14K and I'm in the process of tracking down the owner of the class ring, it's from a high-school near my home and dates this year. ;D ;D Cream

UPDATE!!!
The class ring, and another ring lost at the same time, have been returned to their owner! After enlisting the aid of a school administrator we were able to track down the mother of the lady who lost the rings and return them. ;D ;D
She was indeed a happy girl!! The second ring was found two days after the first in the same general location but I was unable to make the connection until she verified the engraving on the inside of the class ring and then asked if I had found her "pomise" ring, sure enough, she described it exactly so we arranged a meeting at Kmart and the rings were back home. A very nice holiday gift for her and me!! ;D ;D

Attachments

• PB300193.JPG
    PB300193.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • PB300198.JPG
    PB300198.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,060
Upvote 0
Great finds wtg. I am sure the owner of the class ring will be very happy when you return it.
HH Glenn

Nice going Cream

I'm sure the student will be glad to get the ring back.

Do you use the coin mode or relic mode on the beach with your MXT?

Sanat

Nice rings,

I love hunting the beaches.

HH Jer

I use the coin mode for hunting the beaches but the relic mode will work fine.
Cream

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back