Double gold? at the Beach

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hey everyone, didn't get a chance yesterday to make my post. Well my alarm went off at 330 a. m. and I was pumped up ready to hit the beach. Kept waking up thinking how good it would be with all the people there from the 4th. All I could think of was all the jewelry that would be lost all day!! ;D

I got to the beach at 4 a.m. got my scoop outta the bed of the truck put my headphones on turned on my Quattro, walked from the parking lot to the boardwalk(about 25 yards) and was really bummed out at what I saw. There was so much trash as far as I could see. It looked like pictures of Woodstock the day after it ended. What a bummer!! >:( :(

So I walked down to the water and the tide was coming in. Low tide was at 2. On top of all the trash, A billion tons of seaweed was being washed in. >:( Man, nothings going my way now. So I started swinging parralel to the water in about ankle deep water. Usually it's nice cause most all the hits I get are worth digging. But noooo, not today. Tons of trash there too! What a bunch of pigs! >:(

I hunted the high tide line till about sunrise (630), and by then everyone and their mother were out detecting the dry sand. I got some clad in the wet, then figured I'd give the dry a shot.

I found some clad on the dry making my way back to my truck, and decided to walk the weedline by the water the rest of the way. Suddenly I get a hit and dug up a gold bracelet!! ;D :D Right then all the negative stuff in my head from the morning was gone :D. Before I covered the hole, I re scanned it as always and got another hit! The same thing, a matching gold bracelet!!! ;D :D Thought I was gonna need a nitro pill cause I was havin a heart attack! :o.

As I was driveing home I called the wife at work freaking out on my finds!! I couldn't wait to get to work (at the pawn shop) and test it to see how many carats and how much weight! As I was driving to work I was looking at one of them to see what they were stamped, I figure probabley 14k. Didn't see a stamp and started getting negative again, but we've pawned plenty of gold that wasn't stamped and was real.

Well to end this long store (sorry) I scratched it, put the 14k acid on it and it burned right off. Ok, I think it's 10k so I put the 10 acid and it burned off too :( :(. Just gold plated metal!!

Well at least I had the feeling again of hitting gold for about an hr., and it's still nice to walk and see the sunrise at the beach in the morning.

My finds were 10q, 5d, 8p, and the two bracelets that gave me a minor heart attack! LOL!

I'll be there early tomorrow a.m. and hope to find that gold!!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 415
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 398
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about the bad turn of events. Hang in there ! The gold IS out there waiting for your next visit !

Huntin' 59er

Cool finds surf!

HH

Lonewolfe

They sure are nice looking .WTG!!! surfrat

I thought you found a Double Gold Eagle (coin) at the beach. LOL Oh well, still nice looking finds, good clad haul. I would try and sell the bracelets on E-bay, start them at a cent.

HH!!

Its a good thing you called your wife because if you woke me up with that I would of killed ya. LOL :D. Great Story and good you got out. It's a couple more things for the treasure chest bud and a good story again someday. ;) HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back