Dominos Pizza Delivers !!

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
I am SO looking forward to cooler temps so I can get out for a couple hours a day !!

About 2 A.M. this morning, I decided to go down to a local Dominos Pizza & coin-shoot
a 3 foot wide grassy area next to the delivery driver's parking area. The area is lit with
security lighting. I was wide awake, the temps were at about 72, & I just wanted to
get OUT & do something instead of watching cable !! So DANG IT, I did !!

All said & done ... the 2 hour hunt produced $3.89 in "chump change" ....( just about
enough for an order of Chessy-Bread on my NEXT visit ;D ) and a couple of funny looks
from the local Police.

Upvote 0
That's funny,the cops probably thought it best to "leave this one alone" ;D.I hear you about the heat,i'm gonna try a little in the morning.I figure i'll have about 3-4 hours after sunrise till I start dying of heatstroke.Temps are hot everywhere right now 'cept maybe Seattle.I haven't had a chance to go for about a month almost,so i'm jones'ing for a hunt.Keep 8) and H.H.-diggummup

What you need is to do a little panning or sniping at a place like this. It's a great way to enjoy the day. Especially if you turn up a few flakes! Farley, my sidekick and prospecting partner, and I were cool as a cucumber today and it was hovering in the low 90's.

Attachments

• P7230445 (Small).JPG
    P7230445 (Small).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 499
  • P7230440 (Small).JPG
    P7230440 (Small).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 496
? Hi to all and yes the heat is hell! I got out at dawn and just hung out too long thinking just a bit longer.? ::) Yeah a bit too long! I really got sick today! :-[ Warning to all!!! I came home jumped in a cold cold shower and still couldn't cool down! Even after putting a ice pack around my neck I felt sick. Well lesson learned , here! I will get out just before dawn and then get in before its too hot! ;)

? Hey? TOWcritter
That place is FANTASTIC!!! I would love to be there!!! WOW! I miss seeing such beauty!!!
Nice looking collie too! You got it all!!!? ;D ;D ;D

Yankee?
Glad the cops just left you alone! I read your post to my mom lol because it is so like me! I think you have it right dig at night! But I get the idea not a lot of people out there like MDers!? I think they just may be like kids, without the toy,jealous of the one with the toy! Afraid we will find something they might not have! And I wish I had found lol "chump change" I found nothing but rusty metal and pull tabs and bottle cap tops! Grrr...lol?
I did hear some stuff but it was too hot to do any really hunting , ya know 8" deep in hard dry ground or anything like that. So I will wait on the deeper stuff till a cool day comes.
Glad you got some digging in!

Glad to hear of your night dig keep posting it encourages us all!? ;D :D ;D

H.H
Gigi

Critter ....

You are KILLIN' me with those photos. Ahhhhhhh............shade. Almost forgot what shade is. :o

BTW Critter ... spent this afternoon panning out some concentrates in the luxury of my air-conditioned apartment. ;D

I never thought of hunting at night. Not too sure I could stay in my head phones long enough to hear anything. Would probably be looking over my shoulder more than anything else... I bet the cops, and everyone else would give ya some funny looks, but hey, as long as their just looking, who cares... Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.>Maybe I should have done it tonight. Slept late today from tying one on last night and haven't been able to get to bed... ;D

Hey ;D I came up with idea I should name my MD "The Grave Digger" lol because I feel I need to go out and do my hunting at night and dig then. I just feel no one will be happy to see me and my mini shovel! I have used my knife and the "free" trowel but their not so hot at doing a neat job. I do a very clean, neat, small cut with my mini shovel. But that won't stop busy bodies from not wanting me. When they see any kind of shovel mini or not. IMHO :o :D

H.H
Gigi

all that change adds up. i do most of my detecting late at night after i get away from work. seems like the ballfields around here always have the lights on late at night so thats where ive been hitting. keep on digging !!!

Tow critter if I didn't know better I would say you took a pic of our family dog Dixie. My partner and I were on the river last weekend. Yankee, it me 2 weeks to find that much clad. It all adds up.

Congrats on your change found at Dominoes! Thats the way to do it in this heat! The weatherman had an advisory on the tv today telling everyone to stay indoors in the air conditioning. I was like, no problem mr. weatherman!
Hopefully the heat will break midweek so I'll be able to go out!

Keep saving up that change and then go nextdoor to Little Ceasers and the the $5 pizza!

Tara

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back