pjdann

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas???

image-3634409417.jpg

staticmap

Them thangs are creepy looking,did you buy them somewhere? They almost look like they have on railroad type costumes.

Upvote 0
Chucky? Welcome to T Net, sorry I can't help you, I know nothing about dolls.

Upvote 0
Judging by the one photo, I'd say the dolls have a 'composition' head. Composition is a mixture of flour, sawdust, glue, and resin, and was a great improvement over bisque and china dolls because they didn't break as easily. The bodies are stuffed, and judging by the tightness of the feet, I would guess they're stuffed with sawdust, which was very typical of the early composition dolls. Composition dolls were popular in the United States from the 1920's up to the 1940s/50s until 'hard plastic' was used for doll making.

Look on the back of the neck between the nape and the hairline to see if they are marked. They have the appearance of being German.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Yikes! ... I don't think I could ever fall asleep at night with them two looking at me that way. The condition looks great and I'm sure the children had their reasons for keeping them in such good shape in all these years. Check out ebay completed sales, who knows? they could be worth some bucks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back