doll experts help? cloth doll

Carmatt

Feb 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have information on this handsome doll? he is all cloth, has fingers, toes, belly button, knee and elbow indents, very well made.

http://s5.postimg.org/ety2hi94n/IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

reminds me of a cabbage patch kid, but the eyes are wrong. You might undress it and see if there are any marks anywhere...

Upvote 0
He doesn't have any markings it's driving me nuts! He is just so beautifully made!

Upvote 0
Raggedy Andy. The male version of Raggedy Ann, although they usually have red hair

I thought so first, but Raggedy andy has a clownish look and a flat face mostly painted. I didn't find one like mine.???

Upvote 0
A fake version made by another company of a Cabbage patch or Raggedy Ann?

It's amazing how many counterfeit toys are made trying to copy off of a successful company.
spiderman(8).jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the replies! I think he might just be homemade. He does not have marks anywhere, i bought him at the goodwill for $2.00. Here are some pics of his naked body:laughing7:

IMG_0458.jpgIMG_0459.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0461.jpg

Upvote 0
It's definitely a copycat Cabbage Patch doll. It kind of resembles the original (pre) Cabbage Patch dolls called "Little People" that were made by Xavier Roberts. Also. they resemble the ones made by Martha Nelson Thomas called "The Original Doll Baby" which depending on who you believe is where Xavier Roberts got his idea for the same similar type of doll. A few years later Xavier Roberts came out with the Cabbage Patch Doll. Here is an interesting read- https://katrina9799.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/who-is-martha-nelson-thomas/

Original Doll Baby head-

il_340x270.326397853.jpg

and Little People doll-

$_35.JPG

Upvote 0
I knew several people that made dolls similar Cabbage Patch Kids, my mother is one of them, it is a hobby. I remember throwing my cousins Raggedy Ann and Andy Dolls around. I guess that's where the term rag dolling a person around came from, lol. And they are flat, not puffed up like CPD's or the home made ones.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back