Doing OK with the NOX 900

NevadaDave

Jun 19, 2012
Henderson, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III, IV, V, AT-4, Scorpion, ACE 250 and AT-Pro. Tesoro Bandito II U-max, Lobo ST, and Cortes. Fisher 1266, F2, F75, and Gold Bug Pro. Whites Coinmaster, GMT, MXT and Prizm 4. (and a f
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had occasion to detect in a small town in Southern Utah. I detected here two years ago and did alright, recovering a Buffalo nickel and a silver rosy, in addition to the normal, newer change.
This year, we stayed for a few days and I put in about 4-1/2 hours detecting. Don‘t know if it was the soil conditions , or the new NOX 900 or my go-to set up, but I has considerably more success. I was detecting a vacant lot where a house used to stand.
My finds were: 12 zinc Memorial pennys, 12 copper cents, 1 Jefferson nickel, 6 clad dimes, 3 clad quarters, 6 wheaties, and 3 silver Rosy dimes. Also found were two hot wheels, a marble, a cheap heart necklace, and a brass/copper “token,” that had PM stamped on both sides. And, of course, a “ton” of junk. I was running Park 2, noise cancelled and ground balanced, with sensitivity 15. Most good targets were no deeper than 6”.
The good stuff is still out there. You need to find the right spot.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    903.7 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 17
Had occasion to detect in a small town in Southern Utah. I detected here two years ago and did alright, recovering a Buffalo nickel and a silver rosy, in addition to the normal, newer change.
This year, we stayed for a few days and I put in about 4-1/2 hours detecting. Don‘t know if it was the soil conditions , or the new NOX 900 or my go-to set up, but I has considerably more success. I was detecting a vacant lot where a house used to stand.
My finds were: 12 zinc Memorial pennys, 12 copper cents, 1 Jefferson nickel, 6 clad dimes, 3 clad quarters, 6 wheaties, and 3 silver Rosy dimes. Also found were two hot wheels, a marble, a cheap heart necklace, and a brass/copper “token,” that had PM stamped on both sides. And, of course, a “ton” of junk. I was running Park 2, noise cancelled and ground balanced, with sensitivity 15. Most good targets were no deeper than 6”.
The good stuff is still out there. You need to find the right spot.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Nice finds! It is definitely all about the right spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back