Does this look like a vein

Myk

Greenie
Jun 1, 2024
Hello all :)

So I was out and about this weekend enjoying all the beautiful Colorado backcountry. When I got home I started to research the one area I'm intrested in propspecting. I can tell you it's West of Denver (what isn't) and South of I70.

To me it looks like a significant quartz vein from the satallite immagry. What do you think? It mesures almost 300' at the widest and just over a 1k' long.

Thoughts?

1718053436200.png

Upvote 0
Hey Myk,
Maybe it's just me, but all I can tell from this image is it's a nice orange line on a map lol. Sorry, maybe someone else sees something.

Hey Myk,
Maybe it's just me, but all I can tell from this image is it's a nice orange line on a map lol. Sorry, maybe someone else sees something.

The orange line is the deliniate the area. I'll reattach without the line...

Hello all :)

So I was out and about this weekend enjoying all the beautiful Colorado backcountry. When I got home I started to research the one area I'm intrested in propspecting. I can tell you it's West of Denver (what isn't) and South of I70.

To me it looks like a significant quartz vein from the satallite immagry. What do you think? It mesures almost 300' at the widest and just over a 1k' long.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2153500

Attachments

• Is this a quartz vein.jpg
    Is this a quartz vein.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
I’m no hard rock guy but I don’t believe anyones going to be able to tell you if a vein is located on this map. It requires a much closer view to locate a vein. Heck guys walked right over gold baring veins during the huge gold rush prospecting surges.

I’m no hard rock guy but I don’t believe anyones going to be able to tell you if a vein is located on this map. It requires a much closer view to locate a vein. Heck guys walked right over gold baring veins during the huge gold rush prospecting surges.

Yeah I got onto the prospect just as it was getting dark so I couldn't even walk the area to get a lay of the land. I was thinking about heading back today but decided given four days on the road today would be a rest day for me. I'll prolly head back out later this week when the storms clear up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back