✅ SOLVED Does anyone recognize this logo?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC01751.jpg

It's mounted on an ashtray-

DSC01754.jpg

If there's a screw (or screws) holding that part on I vote you take it apart and see if there's a model # (or any info) on the unseen portion, because I've looked through thousands of logos and can't find it... Yet I know when it gets figured out I'll be kicking myself. :)

Upvote 0
This ashtray is the same design as the Mack Truck Bulldog "hood ornament" styled ashtray's. It is made by the same company- Central Die Casting and Mfg. Co. Chicago. Those particular ones were first made in 1971 as a promotional piece for Mack Trucks. The logo piece on mine is a "hood ornament" style also. Same design as the Mack Bulldog in other words, with a central mounting bolt and nut going through the bottom of the ashtray. I've taken it apart, but no identifying numbers on it or anything. The ashtray is chrome metal and the logo is a cast aluminum though. I can't find this symbol anywhere. Nor another ashtray like it.

Here is one of the Mack Bulldog ashtray's-

bulldog.JPG

Upvote 0
Looks like a WM logo to me but who knows? Maybe it's from a lesser known manufacturer that had it made as a promo, award, or executive perk. A few WM's that come to mind......William Morris, Waukesha Marine, White Mobillift, WagnerMobile, Wisconsin Marine, Worthington Mixers, and Wizard Mowers/Marine.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking feathered end of an arrow..possible a logo from an arrow manufacturer or outdoorsman gear. Just a guess??

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
heh, that same logo was on the dumpster at one of my old apartments. I was sure of it, but I looked through pages and pages and didn't find it. I started feeling a bit senile myself.

Upvote 0
I don't know how I forgot that "WM".....they used to supply me a dumpster! Good job ffuries.

Upvote 0
Uugghh! I'm right there too, knowing it was very familiar. I stubbornly overlooked the image in my google search because I was sure that wasn't the letters WM... Yet it was on a page I'd seen! (but smaller than the other images for some reason). Geez, and they have a big facility two towns from me. Whew, ok, I've vented. What's next?

Upvote 0
You think that's bad, I just did a job for them not too long ago. I used to do alot of work for Wayne Huizenga too. I don't know if he still owns Waste Management though.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back