Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Found these a while ago I was wondering if these are truly unplated with coppa...
IMG_0287.JPGIMG_0289.JPG

One on the left looks more unplated to me hmm idk homies

Upvote 0
Try posting in the coins section. I'm no expert on errors so I couldn't tell ya dawg. Good luck

note: the left penny(1995-D) was likely beat up and dirty prior to the experiment therefore looking dirty, circulation also adds to that factor.

Hmm wish I knew for sho' hmmmmmmm.... thanks though

google the following: silver penny chemistry experiment, you'll get a lot of information, you can also use google images.
peace out ma dawgg woof woof :walk::walk::walk::walk::icon_king::bunny::walk::walk::walk:
Hmm wish I knew for sho' hmmmmmmm.... thanks though

It's always a possibility friend,i will concur with what a few other individuals suggested which is to look into it more.

Best of luck friend.

P.S I must say Mr.Mathers that your albums of indeed top notch.

It's always a possibility friend,i will concur with what a few other individuals suggested which is to look into it more.

Best of luck friend.

P.S I must say Mr.Mathers that your albums of indeed top notch.

thanks sir. i appreciate it maybe ill dedicate a song to you dawg

If you look through a loop and see any copper on the steps, around Lincoln's head or around the rim they are post mint. If you don't see any cleaning scratches or copper on the 2003, then it might be the real deal. Every now and then I find one. I sell them on ebay. Last year I put a butt load of them back with my dumps. I soaked them in coin cleaner and scrubbed off all the copper. I was bored.

If you look through a loop and see any copper on the steps, around Lincoln's head or around the rim they are post mint. If you don't see any cleaning scratches or copper on the 2003, then it might be the real deal. Every now and then I find one. I sell them on ebay. Last year I put a butt load of them back with my dumps. I soaked them in coin cleaner and scrubbed off all the copper. I was bored.

Yea if it was a high school chemistry experiment you can usually find the area that didn't get plated because the penny has to be suspended in solution, and hence there are clamps attached to it.

I don't understand why guys mark coins? Or change the color. Why? Some guys paint them ?? Not saying any names.

I don't understand why guys mark coins? Or change the color. Why? Some guys paint them ?? Not saying any names.

dawg do you pain all your coins? I'm surprised everyone on here hasn't seen at least one of your marks!

Timzims painted halves are old news...the new trend is whoever the joker is that keeps setting coins on fire!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back