DIY Two-Box help needed

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006
I'm an electronics newbie, and I'd like to build this device http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet/projects/deepseeker/deepseeker_150.pdf

I find that the "potcore" and bobbins and coil details are a little confusing. I cannot locate a potcore with the numbers that are listed in the document. Is there something that I could use as a substitute?

Honestly, I'm not sure what a potcore is. I'm guessing it is something to wind magnet wire around? Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.
NW

Do yourself a favor and forget it. A pot is a variable resistor. You need that exact printed circuit board listed there and that schematic looks old. Some of the part numbers are dated, that is I dough if you can find them. Last but not least you need good equipment to tun the RF section. If you want a cheap 2 Box look on E Bay for an older one. They usually just need new capacitors.

save your self the headache ..and get a odd job and buy your self one of those Garret grandmaster hunter cx pluss with the box loop..keep looking they come up once and a why all..or start with detector and build a box loop and hook it up..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back