Discussion!

It kicks ass for a "compact" tractor.

Optional iMatch™ Quick-Hitch allows for easy implement hookup​

Easily change power take-off (PTO) driven implements with iMatch™ AutoHitch™ system​

Had I multiple commercial accounts a zero turn would likely be employed.

A Kubota subcompact with 60 inch deck does the mowing on high dense grass that a Farmall Cub with brush hog opened up prior.
It also gets run on sandy soil that the riding mower creates a dust cloud higher than the house on if it's even a little dry.
(Less R.P.M. and less vacuum with the Kubota.)

If a push mower for trimming tight areas is too time consuming or difficult (I use one from a wheelchair sometimes) and there are a lot of obstacles and edges a zero turn is faster in theory.

Mowing can be done as fast as possible and there is equipment to go fast with.
Mowing can also be a time to slow down and take it easy.

Your mowing is unique.
And we have no information about how much you are mowing. What the terrain, soils, and obstacle courses look like. Or your demeanor.

I just had to replace my 18 year old John Deere x300 lawn tractor this year. I replaced it with a John Deere x350 lawn tractor. I have overall been please with John Deere and their build quality. Their prices.....? Not so much.

OK……Zero Turn vs. lawn tractor…. GO:
Best Of TreasureNet forum is reserved for best of TreasureNet, posts are moved there only by the mods.

Thread moved to General forum...

Last edited:
I have a ‘77 Simplicity Sovereign garden tractor w/48” deck, three-speed manual shift. My Toro commercial zero-turn can cut 3 acres in less than half the time, 20 years old and it’s still going strong with only a fuel filter and spark plug change. I also make sure to grease the deck/blade spindles every third mowing or so, that takes less than a minute.

And...
Loader/bucket/forks
Mid mount mower (60") with quick attach
Snow blower
Quick hitch
Heavy hitch
Box scraper
Tiller
Chipper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back