• image-4101837746.jpg
    image-4101837746.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image-146415841.jpg
    image-146415841.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 130
Looks like a fossil to me jmho.....................HH

Upvote 0
Sorry, I have no clue what that is ~ but I love it!
I'll check around online & see if I can find anything similar, altho I'm sure you & your friend have already done so.
There's a guy named Richard Milton who seems to have a great wealth of knowledge. His (awesome!) website has a contact address, maybe you could ask him?
Try him here: The Stone Age Tools Museum, about stone age tools, lithic technology, stoneage tools, indian artifacts, palaeolithic flint tools, mesolithic flint tools, neolithic flint tools

I have a flat, plate-like stone I'm curious about. I'll try to post a pic, but meanwhile - good luck finding out what you have!

Upvote 0
Post them in the Artifacts page and ask. I am sure somebody there might know. Thanks, rock

Upvote 0
How about; better pics (put the article on a darker background) and more details on where and how found - please.

Upvote 0
Doesnt really look like a discodial to me, looks more like a fossil.....Every discodial I have seen were concaved on both sides and you could tell they had been ground on sides to make them round. that ones doesn't look like it has been ground or worked, just looks natural....

Just my opinion...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats what i figured too...hes kinda goin crazy though and in lettin him believe whatever he wants almost...

Upvote 0
Agree with above. Although the pics are not real clear... I can see other mineral deposits within the circle. Different colored, different mineral. This is the way fossils are formed. Possibly the top of a horn corral but I don't know if they get that big. I have one that is very iron rich within a similar gray rock. Funny thing is mine goes through the rock and looks.... well let's just say topless!

Upvote 0
Not a discoidal, it is a natural formation that looks discoidal-ish. We have some fossilized sponges that look like discoidals in my area. I see them in each beginner collection. Some have paid twenty to fifty dollars for a dollar fossil.

Upvote 0
It's just a natural occurrence of stone, unfortunately. Us artifact collectors like to call them "geofacts", which is a nice way of saying "an interesting looking, but naturally occurring, stone formation". I can almost guarantee that every collector has a pile of neat-looking rocks around his/her house somewhere! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back